Thursday, August 9, 2012

Things that make me smile today


  1. I sent the girls to daycare this morning and went shopping to stock up on summer stuff for Morgan next year, with my best guess being that she'll be in at least a size 5/5T for next summer for tops, with some bigger-looking 4T stuff as well. That said, I made an insane steal at JCP where I got 27 items for $110, one of which was a $25 jacket for M for fall. I WIN. 
  2. When we go to a restaurant now, Morgan often asks, "Does this place have a play date, too?" Apparently that's what a play place is called and we've frequented them enough this summer for her to remember that, be it a little off the mark. 
  3. The older girls at daycare asked Mary if "Morgan's mom is going to be able to have a baby for them to play with next summer b/c Hadley is getting too big too fast." HA HA HA. I'll (not) get right on that for you, sweeties. :) First, baby factory has shut down. Second, that would mean 3 in daycare at one time and my checkbook is crying at the mere thought.
  4. Last night when we finally got a chance to Skype with Adam, Hadley, who had been relatively quiet throughout the day, started jabbering up a storm and reaching for the computer screen like a crazy person. Cute cute cute baby missing her daddy. Everyone is going to be glad to wake up from nap time tomorrow when he's home, pending all flights go as planned (fingers/toes crossed!!). 
  5. I read something on FB last night that really really got me and I think is going to help me as a parent in all aspects. "The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice." That said, I am now doing my best not to be so quick to my temper and to take a step back before responding to less than ideal situations that arise with a baby and toddler (although it's almost not right calling her that anymore b/c she's so big) and that makes me feel like I'm a better mom than I sometimes feel.
  6. Hadley was up (I lost count after 7x) a lot last night and then tried sleeping in. I woke her at 7 to get ready for daycare and then she took a 2 hr nap there and was woken at 11:30 for lunch. I didn't think I had a prayer for her to go down at 1pm with Morgan but when Morgan went down, Hadley wanted NOTHING to do with 1:1 time with mommy and fussed until I made her a bottle and put her to bed. Um...ok! Deal! And with that, it's time to get stuff done so Adam doesn't have to come home to a dirty house. I know I wouldn't want to. :) 
  7. Oh, and tomorrow night I'm going to a Lia Sophia party two doors down and I'm excited b/c I can drink all the punch I want, skip out on bedtime, and walk home without leaving my car behind if I so choose. ;-) Happy almost Friday!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment