Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Annndddd they have arrived. Hello, Thrilling Threes.

In case there was any confusion, you are not welcome in our house, Thrilling Threes. You may be a short phase that then exits and leaves behind our well-behaved little girl who has been living here all along.

Oh wow, you guys. If Hadley (yes, Hadley) survives Morgan's thrilling 3s, I'm going to be ecstatic. Yesterday, shortly after the three of us arrived home, (long story short) Morgan thought Hadley was trying to steal her iXL game away from her off the couch (H couldn't actually reach it) so instead of just yelling at her, moving, calling for help, etc, Morgan took matters into her own hands and clocked her upside the head with it.

:-O

WHAT?! Whose kid IS this!? After time out, discussion, and grounding from all fun devices/screens for the rest of the evening, we carried on in a routine fashion with only normal amounts of whining and general ruckus in our household. Oh boy. Saturday we had a time out in Kohls b/c Morgan wouldn't stop doing something I told her to stop doing (5x later) so boom. Time out right in front of the jewelry case and within 20 seconds we had to move said time out 5 feet down so a nice gentleman could look at the watches.

It's gotta be a phase. It's gotta be a phase.

I remember something short-lived right before Morgan's language boom when she had her terrible twos but I've heard the thrilling threes last longer and are more ... awful.  Super. We'll get through it and I'll be a better parent at the other end, even if she tells me, "Now GO AWAY from me!" after I give her the most darling pig tails ever that SHE asked for.

Hang in there, Hadley. Hopefully the bumps/bruises won't last too long and soon you'll be able to at the very least fend for yourself.

Hang in there, Morgan. I'm going to try to handle all your situations well and not blow a gasket next time you do something ridiculous. I will also try to remember that you are still only 2 (almost 3, I know) and often I take for granted that you are, in some ways, a 4 y/o trapped in a ... 4 y/o's body? You're huge! :) Anyway, we'll all get through it. The end.

**Note: I wrote this Monday. Now it's Wednesday and things are looking extremely up and up comparatively speaking. Whew. Let's cross our fingers they stay that way? Yesterday, Morgan had to call Adam when we got home b/c she was devastated they forgot to make muffins at Mary's house like they had planned. Then she wanted nothing to do with the phone. What? Call someone to complain and then be done? I wonder where she got that from...

No comments:

Post a Comment