Monday, September 3, 2012

I Skip Crawling, HA.

Dear blog readers,

I have taken over mom's blog, oh great Hadley that I am. I have decided a few things:

  1. I am going to trick them all and be a crawler for only a few weeks. I will then seriously consider walking as long as my chubby little legs will agree and listen. Yesterday and today I have independently transferred from the couch to my adjacent music table and then today crept/walked around my music table 2x (each taking about 20 minutes) while I played with each activity center on it. I know, I sort of rock. 
  2. I am amazing as I now imitate and sometimes use on my own the following signs: more, all done, ball (MYFAVORITETOYOMGosh), milk. The reason this makes me amazing is b/c my mom's eyes get all buggy and excited when I do this and I think I did this earlier/faster/better than my sister. My mom wasn't sure. Either way, when it gets serious, I get more of what I want b/c I can tell them so. ;-)
  3. I sleep fairly well at night (except last night and likely tonight b/c I have a cold. Boo.) which my parents thank their lucky stars for every morning they wake up only having to have gotten out of bed 0-2x total. This alone should make me one of the most stunning babies on the planet.
  4. I am starting to use more consonant sounds in my babbling. That said, my absolute favorite is to blow raspberries back and forth with Morgan while we both laugh hysterically. 
  5. I now rock an adorable (exactly the same as Morgan's) big girl car seat in mom's car. It's still rear-facing but I actually have space while still being comfy and able to sleep well. Even better, my parents got it on sale (would they have bought it otherwise?). Sweet. Just in time for another trip to WI this coming weekend for my cousin, Teegan's, baptism.
  6. Ha, ha, DON'T put me in the exersaucer. Yes, I love standing, but being contained is too much and it's only a matter of (short) time before my (silly) parents are forced to put it in the basement to be forgotten until it's garage sale time again or mom brings it to Once Upon a Child. 
  7. I have pulled myself to a stand on my own once. It was awesome until I dropped a big dumb toy on my bare foot. That hurt a diaper load. I have now aced being a great half-kneeler but can't seem to get my second leg to cooperate. All in good time. 
I'm tired and need a new diaper. And a big bottle that I'm only planning on drinking half of before I throw it on the floor in an effort to tell Daddy I'm done without using my words. It's been real. Peace out,

Hadley

No comments:

Post a Comment