Wow, I'm feeling blessed. Six years ago today (Sept. 30th, 2006) I walked down the aisle to the love of my life and we were married in front of family and friends and it was the BEST. DAY. It was the first day of the rest of our lives and has turned out to be a beautiful day to celebrate. What a thrilling 6 years it's been...
Rest of 2006 - Made our first house a home, got a puppy right after the new year (2008) (Maddie, who was to be our first fuzzy human), I established myself in my company, Adam continued to do so in his, and we enjoyed being a married couple in the same town (since we lived apart for 8 months while I finished school). Great year.
2007 - I don't remember much about this year as a couple other than it was easy - we came and went as we pleased, we had Maddie with us everywhere, and we made lots of trips to WI. I believe there were a few more weddings in there too, as well as a niece by then (Tatum). Life was great!
2008 - I took the plunge and moved my career to the school setting instead of the private sector. I loved it even though it was completely overwhelming. Thank goodness I had such amazing coworkers who never hesitated to answer (6,000,001) questions and help me out when I needed it. We also added our second fuzzy human, (crazy) Jessie, to the mix and Maddie had a sister and partner in crime to keep her busy when we were too (lazy) exhausted to play.
2009 - This year I got pregnant and Morgan was born. We went from 2 to 3 and really started to learn about what it was like to love someone more/same as we loved each other. It was a tiring year but one where we grew and grew as parents and needed to learn to take time as the two of us (still working on that one for sure).
2010 - Morgan grew and we learned how to change as she did. We took lots of trips to WI and just thoroughly enjoyed life as 3. 4th anniversary this year...time is FLYING.
2011 - We found out in April that Morgan would be a big sister. Hadley made her appearance a little early in December and we were a family of 4 - just right for us. We had a quiet Christmas in Iowa with our two little girlies. It took Morgan 3 days to open her gifts as she would only go 2-3 at a time and all the presents from WI took her forever. She was a lucky little girl!
2012 - We juggled learning how to have 2 babies at home, parenting small children at very different developmental stages, and trying again to find time for ourselves but also for us. Morgan and Hadley quickly became fast friends and enjoyed playing together. Adam and I have vowed to make 2013 a better year for us to find time for each other and continue to be the best parents we can be. I'm so lucky to have him!
Happy Anniversary, Adam! Six years great now, 60 great years to come...xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment