Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hadley peed on the potty!!

And it will likely be the last time she goes for another month. That's how this works, starting them so young, right? Long story short, we've started with her much the same way we did with Morgan - offering her the opportunity to sit on the (soft) toilet kid seat if she wants, encouraging it a little more during natural times to use the bathroom (after naps, when she wakes up in the morning, before bath time) and offer her a toy or something to keep her busy and sit for a minute or so. Eventually, they finally go and when we make enough big deals about accidental potties, Morgan, at least, got it and was trained early.

I always maintain that we got SUPER lucky with Morgan. Luck + Got it kid = early potty training.

SO, we're trying it again with Hadley. No chronic diaper rash like with Morgan, but if she's interested, why not?! She likes seeing what Morgan and I are up to and is starting to want to do the same things we're doing. Anyway, we shall see where this leads and for now, I'm pretty pleased with a first go!

A few other Hadley "I can dos/haves!" -

  • She has 8 teeth and is chewing on her fingers/back gums constantly. No molars yet.
  • She walks and walks quickly (not running), loves to go around the kitchen table, and enjoys being chased. 
  • She is increasing her signs and is trying to imitate what we're saying a bit more. It's still fun to hear "uh ohhh" from another room, though, until you find out what the uh oh is. ;-)
  • Hadley LOVES BABIES (toy). She can almost always be seen carrying one around along with a bottle to feed it. It's adorable. She loves them. 
There's more, but my brain is cold and I need to move on before falling asleep, getting stuck watching the Parenthood season finale, or wait, just got stuck watching Parenthood. Morgan is doing fabulous things and is really getting her /k,g/ sounds in the medial/final position. It's awesome. She continues to be our smarty pants in more ways than one - like smarty smart and smarty-ass. ;-) Some days are better than others but she's more smarty smart than the other kind. She is also sweet and really misses her daddy while he's gone this week for the first time in about 7 weeks. We really heart her. I asked her the other day what she wants to be when she grows up and she maintains she wants to be a doctor. Tomorrow, I'm sure it will be animal rescuer, followed by something else great and fun. 

More soon. We're so lucky to have these little girlies.

Oh, before I forget, because I don't want to forget this, if you give Morgan a thumbs up while she's singing in the front of church with all her little Sunday school friends in an effort to maintain her attention and keep her from swinging on the communion railing, she will give the entire congregation a thumbs up 5x while singing and smiling, like they are the best congregation ever. Love her. She makes me smile. Her teacher said that during rehearsal, Morgan started conducting the music with the conductor (the kids sang with the adult choir) and kept going and going until she finally looked around and realized that none of her other kid friends were doing this too...and stopped. I guess it was hilarious, as I'm sure it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment