I get these emails from www.babycenter.com telling me what kinds of fabulous things my baby should be doing and the educationally relevant things I can do to encourage this growth (almost all of which I know, I need to stop getting these emails) when my most recent one said that I should try doing some things to reconnect with the hubs. Then I thought, hey, when's the last time we went out on a date? We should do that. A quick text, sitter, woo! That was easy. A call to the hubs asking if we had anything going on Saturday and the first thing he said was, " The Packers play Saturday night."
I know. I sighed internally, too, but in his defense, at the time of this question, he didn't know I was looking to spend alone time with him at an eating establishment after "hours" - you know - when it gets dark in winter at 4:30pm. ;-)
So I decided to embrace this need to watch football b/c let's face it - BK (before kids), I really enjoyed watching Packer games, too! So...I decided we'd go out for dinner someplace they had the game on and we could drink to our hearts' content (well, most of the way there for one of us, someone had to get us home, I guess) while hanging out and being Adam & Liss again. And maybe have conversation about other things than "quick! grab that crazy sharp knife the waiter just put in front of Hadley!" or "Morgan, watch your milk, honey..." or "Hadley! You may not put xyz in your hair..."
We left the girls Saturday night (turns out Hadley didn't fare so well ... good for about ten minutes, tears like crazy, milk/bottle refusal (yes, she's still taking her bedtime bottle, leave me alone)), and early bed. Fine by me! She slept late the next morning. Adam and I went to Applebee's for the first half of the game where we ate a little too much and drank a lot too much and then headed to a bar close by that we've been meaning to try out (HA HA HA, try out a BAR, we're so crazy ::sarcastic font::) and watched the second half and the Packers stomp the Vikings out of Lambeau. We had a really great time talking, laughing, just being us again. We needed that. All couples do and we don't do it enough.
So cheers for Parents' Night Out and hopefully it happens again sometime soon...I sense a nice birthday dinner coming on in the next month. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment