Monday, February 16, 2009

Dizzy Momma

So today I had the day off of work, so after going in to work for a few hours to catch up on some reports (of course), I went to the Y as exercise is highly recommended due to the extra weight I'll be carrying around and this fun thing called childbirth. So anyway, I went on the treadmill to do some walking (-2.0 to 2.0 in/declines at around 3.8-4.0 to try to keep my heart rate around 120 as I read somewhere that it's a good target rate) for 40 minutes and felt great the whole time. The second I got off the treadmill I became really dizzy. I made sure I was ok and then wiped down my machine...but continued to feel various forms of dizzy for the next 10 minutes or so. When I got home, I posted a note on babycenter.com (such a helpful site) and found out I have already made lots of new blood to share with the baby and that my body was probably having a hard time adjusting to all the new body stuff. Another woman thought I might have just overdone it which is a hard pill to swallow b/c for me, overdoing it means I strain a muscle or put myself out of commission somehow. So it finally subsided so that was good. Then I got a big craving for cheetos (thank goodness we had some in the house) and ate almost a 1/3 of the bag. Woops. Then I started to get some minor cramping in my gut later tonight which (according to my fellow mommys-to-be) is pretty normal as long as it's not accompanied by anthing bad...which it's not. I'm guessing it's baby bear's way of saying "mom, lay off for now. I'm trying to be a sticky bean and hang on tight." I guess that answered my question about volleyball...all done! The nurse said I could continue as long as I didn't take any gut shots and didn't dive...but I'm just going to play it safe and be done.

Adam and I went to Younkers tonight b/c he needed jeans and I found the cutest onsies ever that said "I love..." mommy, daddy, and grandma. We're still trying to find fun ways to tell our parents/family, so that onsie is definitely a contender. I'm really hoping to find a "grandma's brag book" or the cutest onsies ever that say something about g-ma or g-pa on it. We shall see. More tomorrow! ~Liss

While walking through Younkers Melissa of course went to the baby clothes isle, and holy crap, those things are small. I cant believe that something that small is going to make that nuch noise! Liss has been pretty good so far, she just gets in these laughing fits where she wont breath so she ends up crying. I guess if that is the worst thing that happends during this thing it will be ok. ~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment