My friend Abbie (the first of 3/4 pregnant SLP friends - me included - at the AEA) went into labor today! Her water is officially broken and Cammie should be with us shortly!
After getting some great rest this weekend, I was relatively tuckered out Monday night from a day at work and then a 25' easy bike ride at the Y. I was pretty pleased that the more exercise I try, the more confident I get that I am NOT becoming lightheaded like I did in the beginning when this baby thing all started. I tried to take the girls/dogs for a walk tonight but Jessie's not trained and Maddie's a bit off her game so it ended up being quite frustrating - but my body held up well. Isn't that sad that I am excited that my body tolerated a WALK? I'm going to continue to up the anti until I'm able to walk and use the ellipticals the way I want to.
Last night was very interesting. I went to sleep fine but woke up to a scary dream involving Adam and I and the baby at a huge family get together - of which none of the people looked like any of our family. One of the young adolescent kids got hurt which scared the daylights out of me b/c it made it more real that our baby could get hurt (when s/he is actually here, not in utero)...not something that's been the least bit real to me until now. Here's the fun part - the baby was a GIRL. Interesting, huh? Adam and I first and foremost want a healthy child. However, if we were given the option to choose, we'd probably pick a boy this time around. We'd be just as happy with a girl - like I said, healthy first and foremost. I've taken some online guesstimates and one told me that for how old I when the baby was conceived it would be a boy, but for my current age, a girl. A friend did one and we'll have a boy, but it said that my friend Abbie would have a boy and she's having a little girl today/tomorrow. So anyway, back to my dreams. I kept waking up from dream after dream about this little girl who just so happened to look quite like my little sister when she was a baby. I was 10/11 when my sister was born so I remember what she looks like quite vividly. We shall see. It was just weird to have so many dreams one after the other of this little person. Adam has renamed him/her "B." Reason - sometimes we call each other 'T' which stands for tutz (sp?) so he thought it was appropriate that we should call him/her 'B,' being short for baby. It stuck. Our last name was baby bear but I didn't like it anymore.
Alright. The 9pm hour has hit and I'm tuckered out. Adam's at volleyball. I don't miss it yet. I am currently at home with a "sore back" according to my teammates. Next week I'm going to have to say the same thing or figure out another good one. After that, we'll tell our parents when we go home and then we'll let the cat outta the bag here in Muscatine. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment