I learned a new lesson today that you think I would have learned by this time in my life, but now that I'm pregnant, it seems to be more apparent that I need to remember what I have learned in the past from this lesson. My stomach and the baby cannot handle giant meals. Nope. It doesn't go over well. It doesn't cause me to physically become sick, but the after-effects result in a very sore, distended stomach. I would like to blame it on the baby...but it's just me and my own darn fault. Smaller meals next time!
This weekend was long, boring, and just right. As I stated in a previous post, I was pretty wrecked after a long week last week, so after sleeping in both Saturday and Sunday and overall just takin' it easy, I have more energy (maybe not immediately this morning) overall today. Feels much better. Adam worked 12-hour shifts all weekend so he was pretty tired when he got home both nights. I put on my "Betty Crocker" hat and made beef stew (for the first time - it was awesome! Adam called me from work today just to tell me how much he liked it), pizza (ok, I cheated, it was from papa murphys), and spagetti with peppers and sausage. The great thing is now we have lots of leftovers to get us through nights when we're too tired to think this week. Adam's last day of 12s is Wednesday and he's really looking forward to a few days off.
Our ultrasound is officially (not counting today) 9 days away. We are both so excited and pleased that it's finally under 2 weeks...My friend from work, Abbie, is just about ready to have her little girl any day now. I wouldn't be surprised if it was within the next 48 hours (although I'm sure she's hoping for sooner). There are 4 of us SLPs at the AEA who keep in close touch and 3 of us are currently pregnant. Must be something in the paperwork...Sara (preggers SLP #2), got pregnant about half way through Abbie's pregnancy...I got pregnant about half way through Sara's...now Denise (who's not preggers) should be getting in on the action in a few months if she's to keep up the tradition. I don't think that will happen since they're not trying (who knows!) but it's fun to think of it as an "epidemic."
More soon. Tonight Adam wanted to go out for dinner so we're going back to Applebee's (we're gluttons for punishment) and hope we don't find any screws in our food like Adam did last time. Oh well - nobody got hurt and that incident will pay for tonight's dinner. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment