Friday, July 10, 2009

26 Weeks - 6 1/2 months down!


Less than 100 days to go! 97 to be exact...wow. It's getting close very quickly. We still don't know when we're going to go get her furniture, but I'm hoping next weekend will work out for us to go to IKEA just outside of Chicago but a few other things need to fall into place first. I've been doing some "super nesting" this past week and it's been going well. I went through each room in our house and wrote down each (realistic) thing that needed to be done before I head back to school in August. Today I plan to be able to take 2 rooms off the list pending Adam helps me hang a series of picture frames in the office when he gets home from the John Deere Classic golf tournament later today (if they don't get completely rained out). Very exciting stuff. I think I might tackle the nursery next so it is all ready to go if/when we bring home her furniture next weekend...fingers crossed!

Stats (per "average" baby growth/development):
Baby - 14" long
1 2/3 lbs!!


Me - I have no idea how much I weigh now. I haven't weighed myself since I was at the doctor last. I figure since I'm eating pretty well on track and not sitting on my bum all day while I'm home that I should be alright. My belly is getting much bigger though, as you can see from the pictures, and yesterday I measured it with a steel tape measure (not 100% accurate since it's not very flexible) and was around 41.5" around the biggest part of my belly. That seemed pretty on track with the women in my birth month group online, so that's good (even though I feel and worry like I'm too big for my weeks progression). I've also noticed that I'm starting to feel her move in more deliberate, sweeping movements across my belly. She's kicking harder (not sure how much more I can keep saying that...our little peanut is just getting so strong!) and sometimes I wonder if she's just going to kick a hole right through my stomach. I can see how some of these kicks will hurt later. They don't now, but sometimes I flinch during the big ones b/c it feels like it might...but then doesn't. It's just such a neat experience. I'm truly blessed to be in this position, getting ready to be a mommy. It's more than I could ever have imagined already!

I must also take a moment to let you know that my friend, Sara, and her husband got to welcome their DAUGHTER (they thought boy, but didn't find out for sure until she got here) on July 6th just before 9am! Congrats! They posted some amazing pictures from just before they left the hospital...and I cried and cried they were so cute!! I think the pictures just made me want to hold our little girl so badly now that two of my close friends have had their daughters in the past several months...but she needs to "bake" for a while yet so no baby for us until October, hopefully. Anyway, congrats to them! Her name is Grace Elizabeth, by the way.

Sidenote - I'm trying new things for posting slideshows, which I'm going to try doing by trimester now instead of the whole journey. Bear with me...a few of my friends have figured out how to do this well so I just need to find some time to do the same...but with that awesome list, time is a hot commodity. :) Trimester #2 is almost over! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment