And here we are, 28 weeks along, or 7 months pregnant. The time is going very quickly now, and with Adam being so busy with class, work, and his man-weekend away to the Ozarks, we have lots of things to catch up on (since I can't necessarily carry a box of books or move a bed from one floor to another). To top it all off, we're working on buying a newer vehicle since our Murano is right at the make or break point - and we're choosing to break ties and get something newer with less miles on it. BUSY!
But not too busy to go to our doctor's appointments, including glucose testing, ultrasound, and checkup. Yesterday I went in for all of these things and as far as I know, they went well! I first went in to drink the orange goop for my glucose testing (which is a routine test for gestational diabetes). I was slightly worried it would be gross, but really it tasted like souped-up orange Hi-C from McDonald's, which I actually like. The aftertaste wasn't great, but part one of three events that day, check. Then I waited for a bit in radiology for Adam to get there and then we were on to our 28-week ultrasound (see pics below). We had a great tech and she first started measuring away. We saw little Baby Schmidt's arms, legs, belly, and even the umbilical cord (which I thought you couldn't see very well on u/s) among many other things. The placenta is located on the back of my uterus which is considered good - well, anywhere but over my cervix is good, so I was pleased to hear/see that. At the time of the u/s, she was in a head-down position which is great, but she could easily flip around at any time so that doesn't necessarily mean she'll stay there until birth. Hopefully she does so we don't have a breech baby on the big day. So on we go with measuring until we get to have some "fun time" as the tech called it - translate - looking at the baby for fun and not measurement purposes. So we're looking at her profile and watching her play with her fingers, and she takes her little hand and rubs her eye. Aww...really cute. And then, out of the blue, she moves her hand down, turns her little head towards the "camera," and looks right at us. It was so much like she was saying "Hi Mommy and Daddy!" and then went right back to playing with her fingers. Thankfully she did it twice so the tech was ready and took a great picture of her little face. Amazing. Then we got the traditional profile pic, one of her feet, and her fingers. Adam's convinced she was sucking her thumb in her fingers picture. :) So part two, check. I quickly got poked in the lab for the rest of the glucose testing, and then we went on to the doctor appointment. This was the easy part, as she answered some simple questions, measured her heart rate (which I believe was 133? 138? Within normal limits either way), and then we were out of there. GREAT way to spend an hour and a half. :) Mostly b/c of the u/s.
Do you see her face?? Top of her head is to the right, right eye towards the top, nose, cheeks, chin, and hands tucked under her chin...amazing. She "looked" at us!!
The traditional profile picture. She doesn't quite fit into this one as well as she did in her 20-week profile pic...getting to be a big girl! (And yes, still a girl. We checked.)So now we're all set for our last ultrasound (unless my doc wants another one - she mentioned she might want to do another one later to check positioning - I LOVE that she's u/s happy!). Our next one is a 4D ultrasound that they do right in the doctor's office (not in radiology like they typically are) and we're scheduled for Aug. 11th. For those of you that don't know, 4D u/s are the orange/black ones that you sometimes see on the internet or TV. It's relatively new and gives you a really great picture of what they look like at this point. The u/s tech did warn us though, that to get the really great pics of say, the face, there has to be a fair amount of fluid b/w her face and uteran wall. We shall see - she's been rather cooperative thus far!
Next big order of business - choosing one of two equally qualified vehicles to trade the Murano in for. Like I said earlier, the Murano is at the make or break point and we're ready for something new. I've loved that vehicle, but it's time. We're torn b/w a 2008 Trailblazer (features: 10K miles, 2wd, $2K more) or a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder (features: 44K miles, 4wd, $2K less). I'm ready to sign on the dotted line for the Pathfinder (especially since it's so similar to the Murano - basically one size up, a few less features, but same company - ?make? - Nissan, which I would buy forever) but Adam is not quite as convinced. Either one is a smart purchase, so that's making it even more difficult. Hopefully we'll have signed on the dotted line by tonight and I'll be able to post a picture of our newest "gadget". :) Enjoy the pictures of the baby in the mean time! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment