Maddie decided to help out with this week's picture, too. Jessie is in another one, but I didn't post that one b/c it was so similar to the rest. Let's see, this week has brought about a few more changes/feelings/symptoms with me, so I'll touch on those a bit. I'm currently going through another growth spurt and finally think I'm on the tail end of this one today. I don't mind them, but in the middle of a spurt, my belly gets pretty stretched out and not necessarily uncomfortable, but, well, uncomfortable. Once I'm used to the new size or position of the baby, all is well again until about another 2 weeks later.I've also acquired this odd pain just under my left ribs. Let me digress for a second - Baby has discovered my ribs. I didn't think she'd be that high yet so I posted it in my birthclub to see what they thought, and they all said she's there. Enjoy and get used to it until she's born. Humph. It's not bad...just uncomfy at times and after I give her a little push, she kicks elsewhere a few times and leaves me alone...for a while. :) Back to the odd pain. Right around the area where she's been taking up camp around my ribs (usually the left side), I've had this odd pain the last day or so that when it comes on, I push on it to relieve it and then suddenly I'm in some sort of really bad pain that is only temporary, but hurts. A friend thinks I may have just pulled some muscles/ligaments which is not out of the question...but who knows. If it doesn't go away by next week, I'll call the doctor...but I'm going to visit her on Thursday anyway, so likely I'll just wait. Perhaps I should use this as an excuse to get out of weeding or raking out bark in the flower beds...but that's not me.

Another thing that happened this week was that my allergies turned into a cold. It's hard to say if I had a cold until just the past few days b/c my symptoms were pretty similar to the allergies that pregnancy has helped me avoid this year. Several nights ago I was up often b/c my upper lungs felt like they were burning and hurt quite badly. Then things were ok again until last night when I woke up around 1:30am coughing...and coughing...and coughing. I finally went out to sleep on the couch b/c I felt bad keeping Adam up (he kept telling me to stay put but like I said, I felt bad). So I went on the couch, coughed myself to sleep, and woke up an hour or two later and was much better. Back to bed and slept well. The coughs were productive too, so it wasn't like a drink of water or teaspoon of honey (home remedy) would have helped. Anyway, I hope it stays away tonight and I get some sleep so I can be up and at 'em tomorrow for the internet guy to get here sometime between, say, 8am-12pm. I love the 4 hour window...not so much.

Lastly, our little girl is quite the squirm-monster. She really doesn't hurt me yet with giant punches/kicks but some of her long, drawn out pushes that travel across my belly and feel "odd." She especially likes the 9pm hour and gets pretty active then just before bed. Did I post that yesterday? I might have...but am not enthusiastic enough to go back and check. Our little girl is growing fast!
Today was also fun b/c I went window shopping (more like educating, peace of mind-ing) with my speechie friends Abbie & Denise. It went really well and I now feel much more comfortable with registering, our choice of travel system, and am now REALLY looking forward to take Adam shopping for her crib and dresser(s) Saturday after his well-deserved round of golf. More soon! Adam is calling...who knows what he wants now... ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment