Tuesday, July 14, 2009

First time working since...June 24th!

Ok, I broke down and went in to the office today to make a ring of communication pictures for a little guy I have on my birth-3 caseload. First time back since June 23rd! It was nice to just be in for a few hours, get some things accomplished, answer some emails, and jet outta there and back home to the list. :) I work tomorrow and Thursday for most of each day and will be ready for the break on Friday...I'm getting soft with this summer off thing (save for my 0-3 kiddos) but we'll just blame in the baby and being preggers, how's that...?

We had a good weekend this weekend, although suddenly baby brain has taken over and I've forgotten most of what we did. Hmm...Oh yes, Friday night we had to go to Menards and get some stakes and chicken wire so we could keep our DOGS out of the garden!! They were caught eating our peas twice and so we had to put the quash on that one. Darn dogs. I would have thought I'd have to protect my plants from deer or rabbits...nope. My herbivore dogs who just so happen to like squirrels and rabbits, too. I suppose they are omnivores then. They'll really eat anything.

Saturday, Adam went golfing first thing in the morning while I relaxed after several days of working on the list. I started researching travel systems and I think we have it down to 2, but will most likely register for one that we really liked at Babies 'R Us...which someone walked up to us and told us that the handle on hers broke! I was upset b/c I loved that one and didn't want any reason for Adam to disagree with me, but it turns out he likes the handle on that one more than the other one we like, so I might get my wish after all. :) We then took it easy in the early afternoon before heading to the Quad Cities where Adam got super lucky at Golf Discount where he found an $80 Nike shirt for $20, a 3-wood club (which he's been needing for quite some time) for wayyyyy cheaper than he'd seen anywhere else, and then some golf gloves on super sale. Then Buffalo Wild Wings (Adam's craving, not mine) before going to physically look at the travel systems I'd researched that morning.

Sunday found us headed to a PGA golf event in the Quad Cities - The John Deere Classic. Adam had tickets from work since it was rained out on Friday when he was supposed to go, so we had tickets to a suite that had unlimited food/drink and a great view of the 17th and 18th holes, as well as some of the 15th hole. I got to see Zach Johnson (finished T-2nd) about 4' away from me twice! I would have probably fainted if it had been Tiger Woods, but ZJ was a nice 2nd. :) The day was overall really nice, and after stopping at a quick softball game for Adam on the way home, we let the dogs out and did some things around the house before calling it a day.

On to baby things...finally, I'm sure you're thinking! :) I woke up yesterday morning (Monday) and was quite surprised to find that I swear the baby grew and made my belly an extra 2-3" overnight! Even Adam noticed without me saying anything...my guess is she was just positioned differently, but I felt pretty big all day and the tank top (non-maternity) that I had been having no problem wearing suddenly let my belly peek out the bottom! I had to put forth an effort to keep it covered, and while I don't mind that happening at home, I don't want my belly peeking out in public. Which is where I was when I met Adam for lunch and spilled oil on my belly before going to run errands. I was a mess physically and mentally yesterday. I had several moments of brain delays or even absences throughout the day...but made it through just fine. Whew.

Update on the list: I have 2 rooms done! TWO! Well, actually 2.5, since the 1st floor bath is almost done too. I will need Adam's help for recauking the tub, but otherwise, that room is done too! I'm going to work on the kitchen next, with one major item of business being where in the world to store bottles. I'm really excited about the progress I made, and I think I've discovered a new love for two of my appliances. We received a Bissel spot treater (carpet) and after some vigerous use of that and my Kirby shampooer, the office and master bedroom's carpets look almost new. I was pretty proud of myself after that day. We'll see how the carpet in the front living room goes...it's been a long time and we've had two puppies and a husband on that carpet for quite some time. I'm thinking double spot treatment and shampooing for that room. Then I'll head upstairs for the nursery before organizing the basement storage/laundry room. I've got my work cut out for me. For those who thought summer break meant sitting around doing nothing, that's not the case this year!

Ok, off to go mow the lawn. More pics soon at 27 weeks, and then we get our 3rd ultrasound on the 23rd! So excited for that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment