Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Feeling pretty big today...

So the belly feels big today. And not big. I mean BIG. I noticed today that when I walk, I can't necessarily see my entire foot anymore...most of it/them, but not the whole thing. Oh boy. I was facebooking with some friends about my hugeness, but within a day or two, I'm sure that I will feel like I still have more room again. Just not today. This happens every week or two (I'm sure I've posted about this) and it's just that time again where she gets bigger, stretches out, and makes me feel like I could bounce a quarter off my belly - temporarily. I've also come to the conclusion (well, this happened a while ago actually) that she really likes the 9pm hour. She is kicking less when I go to bed after 10pm; she used to be super active during that time. Hmm...perhaps she could keep this schedule when she's here for feedings...? Could a mommy be so lucky? Feed her b/w 9-10pm, sleep until 2/3am, feed her again, and then back to bed? Hee hee hee, I'll laugh right along with you. We can all have wishful thinking, no?

I worked yesterday for 7 hours straight (ate on the run/drive) and today for 6 hrs. Adam has occasionally been joining me at the AEA for lunch that I bring us on days that I work, which I tend to enjoy. It helps break up the day and I always like to see him...unless he's picking on my belly of course. But when he does this, he usually has a big grin on his face and is happy. I love to see that look on his face, to be honest, when he just looks so proud and excited and eager for her to get here (after appropriate baking time of course). We were chatting landscaping last night when we were walking around the yard and he clearly has well thought out plans for her softball "field." We "have to make sure there's a backdrop so the ball stops somewhere" but he still has concerns that if we put it where he's thinking, that she's going to be hitting balls into the creek before we know it. Adam's going to be an amazing father. I'm so proud that he's my husband and my "baby's daddy." I heart him.

I'm also really excited for tomorrow - well, after the errands are run. I have to run the Highlander back to the dealership b/c we discovered a small chip in the windshield a few miles away from the dealership (with no time to turn around) and I just have a few questions about a few things. Then off to the Kirby store for more carpet shampoo, and then I finally get to start the fun with some work friends, Abbie and Denise. Abbie has a 5-month old and has some serious experience and knowledge about baby equipment. Since we're currently in the market to buy a crib, dressers, and for tomorrow's focus, travel (ie. car seat, stroller, etc.), we're going to go to Target and Babies 'R Us to chat about different features and choices. At least that's what I'm pretty sure we're doing. :) Then lunch and perhaps some other shopping or home to work on some things. Either way, it's always fun hanging out with my fellow speechies so I'm looking forward to it.

Watch for our 29-week picture(s) tomorrow! If I really look like I feel, it might shock you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment