Saturday, August 1, 2009

Very productive Friday

Yesterday was one of the most productive days I've had in a while. I could tell by the time I finally stopped that it was time to sit and relax a bit, but I was so proud of my accomplishments that it took all I had not to tell Adam a hundred times all the things I did while he was at work yesterday. What can I say, throwing out another list of "to do" stuff is almost as good as a birthday present to this pregnant mommy-to-be. Let me just give you the low-down as I am still rather proud:
  1. The internet guy came early so while he was doing his thing, I cleaned up the kitchen and finally went through the pile of things I took out of the Murano so I could put some of it into the Highlander, some in the trash, etc.
  2. I priced, packed up, and dropped off a huge amount of rummage sale stuff to a friend's house (Nancy) to prep for the rummage sale we're all putting on at her house next Friday and Saturday. Felt REALLY good to get that stuff outta here. Whatever doesn't sell is either going in the trash or to Goodwill. I don't want it back in this house. We don't "do" clutter very well. :)
  3. Met Adam at the bank to sign some papers and then went out for lunch. Yes, at China Buffet. Oh well. It was good and I was starving.
  4. Went back home, and I moved the futon (by sliding, not lifting; relax) out of the farm room and into the nursery, along with anything else not a bed to prep for carpet cleaning. I hauled the vacuum, spot cleaner, and soaps upstairs and got to work spot treating the carpet in the farm room and upstairs landing. Took me a bit to put the vacuum/shampooer together again, but got that going and shampooed the carpet.
  5. By this time I could tell I needed to take a break, so while the suds were working their way into the carpet, I had a small bowl of chocolate ice cream. And then realized I was going to be a bottomless pit for the rest of the day...Baby must really be growing or needing more nutrition or something...sorry it was ice cream, Baby! :) Then back upstairs to finish the carpets and wait for Adam to come home and see my work. A quick vacuum over the shampooed area and I had a happy husband, although not quite as happy as I was.
  6. TOSS OUT THE FARM ROOM LIST!! Best moment of the day at home.
  7. Had a snack (yes, another), took a shower, and then we headed out to Moline for the first meeting of the QC Dining Club at the Brown Bottle. It's a club that my friend, Abbie's, friend started to get friends/couples together to try new/different restaurants in the Quad Cities. I was a little nervous b/c I only knew 2 couples out of the 25ish total people that were there, but it turned out to be really fun and everyone was easy to talk to. The food was good, but it almost hurt to watch my friend, Denise, have my favorite wine in the whole wide world...I love the atmosphere that the restaurant offered and in that setting, I am the happiest camper ever with good food and a glass of wine. My non-alcoholic margarita was good, but I'm telling you, I can't wait to just relax and have a glass of wine after this little one gets here and all is well with her feeding schedule. I'm telling you - can't WAIT.
So it was a great day and night for Friday. Adam was scheduled to golf and work for about 4 hrs today before we went crib/dresser shopping and back to Muscatine in time for Saturday night church. The reason we have to go to Sat night church is b/c Adam was banking on the fact that his golf would get rained out this morning and he'd be into work earlier and could then golf Sunday morning...except it didn't rain until they got 3 holes in, golfed another 3 in the rain, and then came home. So while he's at work earlier than he would have been had it not rained, I'm not so sure how we'll squeeze everything in unless church magically got switched to 7pm instead of 5:30....we shall see. I think I've rested enough now this morning and am headed back upstairs to move whatever I can to the farm room and prep for shampooing the carpet in the Baby's nursery. Then it will be a matter of putting her furniture together and I will feel much better about where things stand in terms of having the right "stuff" for her. I'm also tempted to stop by one of the places we registered for our Bum Genius diapers and pick up one or two of them so I can see what they're like. She's still going to use disposable ones at first, like I've said earlier, but it would be nice to have some on hand. That said, I'm off to upstairs. Oh! And Adam's mom, grandmother, and little cousin Parker (who we haven't seen in a long time!!) are coming to visit briefly overnight tomorrow night. Am really excited to see PJ...and just hope the dogs (ok, Jessie) behave. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment