Monday, August 24, 2009

No more all day meetings, please.

Today was our all-staff meeting in Bettendorf which took...ALL day. I was sitting in the meeting for about a half hour this morning when I got a text from Adam. He had a minor emergency and needed me to send him something in Canada (he was b/w flights 1-2 of 3 at the time) so I had to leave, run to the airport (which was relatively close to the AEA), and drop the forgotten item off at the Post Office, and get back to the meeting. Thankfully, this got me up and moving and out of our LOOOONNNGG meeting for just over an hour. The speaker we had was fine, but the sitting kills me now. Actually, the morning went fast (likely due to the leaving - thanks again, Abbie!) and I wasn't sitting that much. Then after lunch, the UNcomfort began. I was wiggling, shifting, moving, and nothing was working. I finally gave in and got up to walk around for a bit but by that point, I was done. I was chugging liquids all day but that doesn't help if I don't get up and move. Needless to say, that means that my BH contractions were going rather strong by the time we left. I was feeling fine...until we got in the car. It was warm outside but for some reason the heat totally got me once I was in my coworker's car. She had the air on full blast, but I felt nauseous and icky pretty much the whole way back to Muscatine. Once I got home, I laid down and felt better within about a half hour. It's a little frustrating when my body doesn't agree with what I CHOOSE for it to do during a day. Like why on earth can I not sit through a day-long meeting without my uterus deciding to be tight a majority of the day? Or why does my body temp decide to de-regulate whenever it wants to? I know, I know, hormones, but still. Sometimes I wish it would listen to ME once in a while. I sort of miss that even though I know t's for a good reason.

It's a short post tonight...what!?Melissa not be long-winded?!? That's a big fat YUP for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment