This morning I was pleasantly surprised to wake up with Adam next to me (should we be shocked? Not really...). For whatever reason, this week of him traveling felt more like a year so to have him right there when I woke up for the day was just really nice. We got up early and got ready to go up to our friends, the Pinters, as we were meeting Steph's mom Patty who was going to take our maternity pictures. I felt a little silly walking in with almost every black/white shirt and pants that I own (that fit) but I didn't quite know what she all wanted so I thought it best to be prepared.
We did several poses and at the end had taken 50 pictures. I asked her if that was considered quite a lot and she said no...to which I said, you're going to lie to me anyway, right? And she said yup. :) I was really impressed with everything she knew/did/etc. and think we got some really amazing pictures. We did a sihloette (sp??) picture of the two of us, head/nose to head/nose and holding the belly...another with just me looking down at the belly, Adam standing behind me with arms around the belly...a big pink ribbon on the belly with our rings tied in it...heart hands together around my belly button...me lying on my back (very briefly! don't worry!!) with some blocks on my belly and Adam lying behind me...me with a button shirt open from the top of my belly down....and the last one was on a whim - Adam was set to go for his softball tournament today and Patty got the idea of getting a baseball glove, have Adam put it on, and then put the glove "catching" my belly with a thumbs up. He's behind me and doing the arm wrap-around thing again...it was quite funny. All in all, we were SO pleased with how it went and are SO excited to see them. I should be able to put them on facebook and on here when they come, but cannot duplicate them or anything like that.
It's a base/softball weekend this weekend. Our friends, Denise & Travis, got tickets for the River Bandits game last night (like the Timber Rattlers for you WI folks) so we went with them and had a great time. I *finally* got that stadium hot dog I'd been wanting from there all summer along with green cotton candy (first time for that one!) that was ok...poor Adam was gone 15 minutes trying to find me some since they sold out and had to go hit up the stash in the back. :) What a great husband. Today Adam is at his softball tourny (I think it's state, but it might be nationals too...who knows) and I'm going to go watch the next few games since the house is relatively clean and I don't have anything pressing at home.
Mental note to self - we got our new camera last night (Nikon D40) and are VERY excited about it. Adam put it together but we have yet to find time to play with it. If Adam's team doesn't make it to tomorrow's portion of the tournament, I'm pretty sure that's what we're doing all day - figuring out that camera. Gotta run! Going to be late for the games!!
No comments:
Post a Comment