Friday, August 7, 2009

30 weeks

We're 75% of the way there...30 weeks. Hard to believe she's going to be here in less than 2 digit numbers now (since technically it's 9w6d away from my due date). I'll say that every week. Just to warn you.

We put on Jason and Julie's wedding shower tonight which consisted of just under 20 of us (guys and gals) going out to Port City Underground in Muscatine for dinner, the Bubblegum Game, dinner, amazing cake, and presents. It went really well, the waitstaff was awesome and catered to every need I/we had to make it go smoothly, and I was just overall really pleased with how things went. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow since it's late and the thought of being on my feet more than a trip to the bathroom and bed makes me cringe right now. I also have a cute one to post of a fellow preggers friend, Casey, and I. She's due in 14 days. Little JoJo and Baby Schmidt got to duke it out for a bit...just wait until tomorrow's pictures. :)

I went to the doctor today for a routine check up (which now happens every other week until week 36 when we go up to weekly). I felt sort of bad since 2 seconds after she walked in I totally interrupted her to have her quick feel my belly since I was pretty sure I was able to tell which way the baby was facing - and wanted confirmation. Turns out that she WAS on my right side...ok, her butt was on my right side, she's head down, and then Dr. Coleman found a foot on the left side that she said "was just about to kick her." That was the first dr. visit that I can recall that Baby was wide awake and moving like crazy during our appt. Adam did not accompany me to that appt b/c he was flying in from Vancouver/Chicago. He will be there next week for my 4D ultrasound on Tuesday. We will be taping that one so if I can figure out how to post a video sometime in the next 3 years, I'll post it for all to see! I'm really excited. Since we've been getting all these u/s, I asked Dr. Coleman how that works with insurance b/c usually we are only allowed 2-3 for a routine pregnancy. Turns out that only the 2 done in radiology (20 weeks/28 weeks) were charged to my insurance. The first one in Dr. Coleman's office (internal/8 weeks) and the 4D one (also done in her office) are free!! She said that's just how she likes to practice so she doesn't charge for them. And that's why I love my doctor. :)

I think I've mentioned the pain I get on the top left side of my belly just under the rib area and asked Dr. Coleman about it. She said that likely it was a nerve that's being stretched and (as she's palpitating it) said she could probably reproduce it...and did! Small ouch! Her suggestion was heat/cold compress if needed and basically (and nicely, b/c she's great) said it's part of pregnancy. Since lying down makes it better, I'm ok with that. :)

Ok, it's late, I'm tired, and have to be up at a decent hour tomorrow for Round 2 of the Benner/Schmidt/Pinter/Lopez rummage sale. Today went well...but there's always more stuff that needs to go! :) Watch for pictures tomorrow...or Sunday...depending on how Saturday goes. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment