Tuesday, January 19, 2010

3 Months Old


My baby is three months old today. Three months! 13 weeks, one day, 1 hour, and 50 minutes as of this sentence. What a long but fast road it's been! I have to say after she hit 6-8 weeks or so, things have been all downhill from here. Here are some highlights of what our little girl is up to...I'm so proud of her and just keep hoping that I'm doing enough or that I'm doing things the right way to give her all the tools she needs to be a smart, healthy, and happy young girl. Enjoy the highlights!
  • She knows me. She knows me so well in fact (and Adam too) that when I come get her from daycare, she blinks a time or two, I say hi, and then she's grinning something huge. If she could talk, she'd totally be saying, "MOM!!! Oh my gosh it's really you!! Awesome!" She also does this with Adam who gets her up in the mornings. He slowly wakes her up and after about 8 hard blinks, smiles like there's no tomorrow and it's awesome to watch.
  • Morgan has a death grip. She's getting so strong now with her hands and is grabbing (unintentionally) everything. Today she was laying on her play mat and continued to grab at the crinkly butterfly so perhaps she's more intentional than first reported. Either way, she's getting pretty grabby. :)
  • Last night could be considered her first sleep-through-the-night night. She slept from 7:30pm-4:19am. I *might* have gone up once to replace her nuk but it was definitely in my sleep if I did, therefore I don't think I did. Then she went right back down which was typical until late last week when she would be out cold...put in her crib...eyes pop open and smiling at whomever would look at her.
  • The other night when the previous bullet was happening, I put her nuk in at the head of her crib. She watched me walk away. She then moved her head around a bit and then looked back where I had been to try to see me again...kids don't have object permanence that early...but it was interesting to wonder...
  • Morgan is "talking" up a STORM. She told me all about daycare all the way home today (a 15 second drive). We "talk" back and forth which basically entails lots of vowel sounds with an occasional gurgly /g/ sound. I'm not hearing as many of the other consonants she had been playing with but the more talking is awesome. Plus, it's so great for Adam to be able to hear her say "hi" to him over the phone while he's traveling (he's in Winnepeg, Canada this week).

Pumping session over, therefore posting over. Off to get ready for tomorrow even though there's an outside chance we might be staying home for an ice storm. 3 months...wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment