Morgan is phenomenal. How did we ever get so lucky as to have such a beautiful little baby sleeping upstairs in our house? You know, that baby who sees me when I pick her up from daycare, looks at me for a second, and then breaks out in the biggest baby grin that spreads right across her entire adorable little face. Yup, that one. There is much to catch up on, yet again, as we were without internet for a while and I couldn't get anything written!!
Last week I started back to work. I worked 1/2 days Monday-Wednesday with the intention of working full days Th/F. The heavens were looking out for this working mommy though, and I was lucky to get a 2-hr early out on Thursday due to weather and a 2-hr late start Friday for the same reason. Woo hoo! So I hadn't really had a full day until today, Monday.
Before I forget - Happy Birthday to my brother, Travis! He's now 26 years old...
As I was saying, today was my first real, full day back to work. It went well. Adam's taking a week-long MBA class this week in an effort to get his classes done asap (I think spring 2011 is looking good for graduation) so I had to drop Morgan off this morning. It went fine. Believe it or not, picking her up was the hard part. I was so excited to see her that after I got that HUGE baby grin when she saw me, my heart started to really hurt knowing that she was without me all day long. Who knows if she had a reason to smile that big all day? What if the other kids were bugging her? What if she missed me and cried about it at some point? I became rather upset about it and poor Mary (sitter) got to see me shed tears yet again. It's so hard going through a whole day not knowing what I'm missing until she's right there in front of me showing me. Sigh. Just when I think I love her as much as I possibly could, I go ahead and love her that much more all over again.
On a less sad-for-me note, Morgan has really gained some control over her hand movements. She can now bring her hands to midline and routinely does this to suck on one or both of her fists. Sometimes she even gets a little noisy...we now have to make sure to wash her hands on occasion b/c they start to get a little "spit stinky" and we don't want that. I don't mind kids playing in the dirt, but we don't need stinky spit hands. That's just gross. ;-)
She's 12 weeks old today. Where has the time gone? I sometimes can't believe my body went through that only 12 weeks ago and today I am able to do any and everything I did before I got pregnant. I still seem stuck at this 14 extra pounds. I started the 30-day shred last week and stuck with it but fell off the bandwagon. Fatigue is an awful enemy. I am hoping that after some R&R tonight that I'll be able to get back on the bandwagon tomorrow night. However, if I don't go to bed at least a little early tonight, that Tuesday shred is not going to happen. G'night...
No comments:
Post a Comment