Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yay! Hands a' workin'! Boo...hands a grabbin'...

We're so excited that Morgan is using her hands more and more each day...but that also means she'll grab whatever comes within arms' reach...including our faces, necks, anything really. So while we're really happy to see her improving her motor coordination, it can be a little painful at times! It's also funny that she's sucking on them rather loudly at times to the point where I can hear her sucking on them from the next room sometimes.

Morgan is also enjoying tummy time much more...and is getting close to on her way to rolling over! What I have found that gets her more accepting of tummy time is to start her on her back, get her all excited and happy, and then move off to her side so she's looking at me. Then I get her legs started for her and eventually she overcomes that darn arm that's in the way and is on her tummy. She no longer lets her head go down either - her head is up high and sometimes she does the "swimming baby" motion with arms and legs in the air. Then I let her get her arms out on her own and have a book up and ready for her to look at and she's usually set! The thing is, she's a big step towards doing this on her own b/c she pulls her legs up to her belly and next thing she is on her side - all by herself! Adam and I get all excited, hold our breaths, and wait to see what will happen...and then she returns to her back and smiles b/c we get all excited for the good job she's doing. It's truly amazing to see such a little person make such gains in what seems like such a short amount of time. Just think, 14 weeks ago she was a little wet noodle baby who screamed for no reason (as far as we knew) and ate constantly. Now she can hold her own head up, use her hands (albeit not perfectly yet, but huge improvements here), smile, recognize us, go to daycare like a big girl...the list goes on. It's awesome.

Speaking of daycare, Mary informed me Monday (yesterday) that Morgan needs to bring 9 valentines to daycare for her friends in a few weeks. How. Cute. Is. That. My daughter needs valentines. I can't wait to write them out and send them with her. I teared up a little when Mary told me that. She must think I'm nuts. :)

Morgan is now outpacing me with what she eats vs. what I can produce. :-( Big boo. Yesterday I made 10.25 oz but she ate 12 at daycare. So last night I was convinced that she'd have to dip into her frozen daycare stash today but then when Morgan ate last night, she only ate on one side so I pumped the other and had enough for her feedings today and dream feeding tonight. However, she did the same thing again today - ate 12 while I only produced 10oz. I'm not going to make it a habit of pumping at 3am or whenever she decides to get up. So while we're only off by about 2oz, it was a hard realization that Morgan is finally surpassing me and will need formula supplements when the frozen stash runs out. The plan is to keep going with bfing and pumping so she gets what she needs at least a bit.

Also, it's safe to say now that my friend from work, Abbie, is preggo with #2!! We are really excited for them and Cammie who will be a big sister. Very exciting time! I suddenly know several preggo people (some close, some not) and we're hoping it doesn't rub off anytime in the immediate future...no irish twins in the Schmidt family please!

Ok, off to bed. Life sure is great when there's a baby to come home to. Work's been nuts but I don't want to talk about it right now. Too many good baby/family thoughts running through my head. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment