Tuesday, January 5, 2010

30-Day Shred

I will bring you down, 30-day shred! I just finished day #2 of Jillian Michael's (Biggest Loser trainer) 30-day Shred and to be honest, I'm feeling a little light-headed at the moment. That's embarrassing to admit as that sort of thing should in NO way shape or form make me feel that way, especially since I didn't feel that way after my first workout yesterday...hmm. :-/ Adam is doing it with me as we both have "baby weight" to get rid of and I really enjoy working out with him. We used to work out and do strength training all through college for track and I didn't realize how much I missed that time with him. Fun fun! I'm sore and getting more sore by the hour, especially in my quads, so we'll see how I feel tomorrow. Hopefully tonight I will be ok to carry my sorry rear up the stairs to feed the baby without crying the whole way up. :)

Speaking of baby, Morgan is really starting to move and shake a bit. :) She has this new "move" which involves digging her heels into the ground (especially when changing her diaper and I'm trying to get a new one on her) and pushing herself backward. This has resulted in a few head bonks on the basket that holds her diapers but nothing serious. She just looks a little startled and we pull her away and chat her up before she gets upset. She's also occasionally pairing this movement with turns to the side...oh boy. This kid's going to be rolling before we know it. Scary.

Bathtime is much more fun. No tears today except AFTER she'd been dressed and realized she was hungry. I don't have to remind her how to splash as she now tries her best to make sure that I'm clean, too.

Tomorrow is Morgan's first round of shots. We're only 3 weeks late, but that's what happens when you leave the state for a week and then the pediatrician also leaves town for the week after you return. I was told it wasn't a huge deal so we're rolling with it. It's also my last half day of work before returning to full time. :-(

Morgan is doing some odd things at daycare in terms of eating...I feed her last thing before I leave for work, sometime b/w 6:30-7am. When I've picked her up around noon, she's JUST finishing her first bottle. Keep in mind this is the kid who does NOT wait to be fed. With me, she feeds every two hours like clockwork, although we've been extending those times to 2.25hrs or longer whenever possible to see how she does. I hope it's just part of the transition and she'll get the hang of it.

Ok, off to give the baby a quick "dreamfeed" and then off to bed. For those of you that don't know, dreamfeeding is when you give a baby a short feeding while they're sleeping to extend the amount of time until their next one. In Morgan's case, we give her 1oz of formula (makes her a little more full than breastmilk) during these dreamfeeds so that I can get a little more sleep and almost ensure that she wakes up for feeding only 2x/night instead of the occasional 3x. Three times is killer and would make for a very unproductive Liss at work the next day. So off I go and then BED. Adios, amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment