Morgan and I had a lovely first day of summer break. We went to stroller strides this morning b/c I didn't feel much motivation to go running later today and we had a good time. The poor kid ended up taking FOUR naps today. I interrupted her first for SS, she took a shortish second on the way home, 3rd one this afternoon for only ~35 minutes, and then a GREAT 1.5 hour nap before heading out to dinner with my SLP friends and families, Abbie & Denise. All in all, a wonderful day.
Morgan is now officially waving hi/bye to Maddie, Adam and I, and especially the baby in the mirror. After her last nap today, Maddie was so anxiously waiting for us at the bottom of the landing (steps) when we came out of Morgan's room. I got all excited and said "Look! Maddie's saying hi! Say hi, Maddie!" and waved my hand...Morgan started waving furiously and got all excited. She's waving on a rather or semi-rather consistent basis for familiar people (and dogs). She's a little shy around others yet, hence, no waving performance at dinner this evening. Although the kid could have eaten half of my french dip sandwich (it was sooo good) if there had been enough hours in the day. And bread. Father's child? I think so.
I now have three books that I'm very eager to get reading...2 Jodi Picoult books I'm borrowing and another called "You'd be so pretty if..." that details how to teach your daughter to love her body even if you don't love yours. I think this will be essential to raising Morgan to use and mean things like "I feel healthy" instead of "I feel fat/skinny/etc." Kind of like I feel right now after a rather indulgent dinner. :-/
That's all. I was really tired today before Morgan's 4th nap so I laid on the floor next to her and rested my eyes while she played. Guess how long that lasted? :) She started pretending to crawl up me (which really consists of hands pushing on me and rocking on her bum/feet) until I gave her the attention she was seeking. Silly boo baby. I could just eat her all up. Sometimes when I put her to bed at night I get sad and wonder if I really lived every moment I could have with her that day or if I missed something. I don't know why I get that way with her sometimes.
Now that's all for reals. I'm tired. Want to read. Want to sleep. Not sure who's going to win yet. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment