Saturday, June 5, 2010

She signed "more" today!

This is only allowed to be a positive post b/c of the amazingness that is Morgan today...she finally signed "more" at lunch b/c she wanted more of my pizza!! And she did it FOUR times! I thought the first was a fluke. Second one might have been a fluke...but then she did it two more times and I was convinced!! Coolest. Baby. Ever. And a very proud SLP mommy. Very. Did I mention I think she's the greatest thing in the world?

We had a full day planned but then only did 1/3 planned events. Meh. I blame the weather for the first one and laziness (and a little aversion to social banter with those I know by acquaintance) for the second one. But actually Morgan just went down for the second half of her second nap after an extensive discussion with her bunny so we'll blame it on that for event #3. We helped Pesey get ready for her wedding in 2 weeks by making peanut butter/chocolate buckeyes (they're from Ohio) as her wedding favors. They were quite tasty. But I wouldn't know...yeah right. :) I had one. Ok one and a half. But seriously, that's all. (salad and celery for the rest of the day on my end!) If it's not raining when Adam gets home from day 2 of the bachelor party he's been attending, I'm going for a run. I'm actually kind of excited about that now that I think about it. :)

I got several comments today about me losing weight and how it looks like I've done some of that from the Muscatine/GPC girls. I really haven't lost any more than the last time they saw me, but I think that working out and toning up has made a big-ish difference. Thank goodness. :)

I've got some serious fruit to cut up so off I go. I LOVE summer for its fruit selection. There is a watermelon, cantaloupe, celery, and perhaps a few others waiting for me...anyone else see a fruit salad in our future? :) PS. I know celery isn't a fruit but it still needs washing/cutting.

PS. This morning, Morgan was being "particular" about having her pureed breakfast of bananas and strawberries mixed. I then cut up a strawberry and she loved it. :-/ If only she ate faster than the rate of 1/2 meal an hour and we could skip purees all together. Nope. Not yet. :)

**Edit to this post**
I think her signing might have been a fluke. :-( She wouldn't sign at all while we were playing or at supper when she was super excited about cantaloupe (first time she had it). Sigh. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment