Monday, June 14, 2010

SAHM

Today made me really think that being a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM for you non-acronym folks) could work. I'm swamped. We're always on the go. There's always something to do, places to go, people to see. I still don't think I'd want to do it full time, but so far, this is GREAT. She's SO funny and was so especially today.

Funny thing (to me, these are, at least) #1 - Morgan was playing on the floor with her toys. I had been running around doing diapers, folding laundry, etc and decided it was time to play with her instead of just talking/watching/etc. I got down on the floor and she was SO excited that she grabbed my face (literally! good thing I wasn't wearing earrings!) and pulled me in for the hugest, wettest, open-mouthed kiss EVER. And it didn't stop there. She pulled back, looked at me, and went in for another...and another! Finally I was laughing so hard she stopped, let go, and looked at me like I was making her upset and she might cry. This made me laugh harder and I scooped her up and told her how great she was. Then I put her down and we repeated. At least 10x more until my shirt was soaked from wiping my face. PS. She's an open-eyed kisser.

Funny thing #2 - Morgan LOVES standing at her activity table (duh, read every post this month) and is now beginning to do some serious stepping (ok, like 2 or 3 at a time) towards it when I put her on her feet too far away to reach it. So she's standing there and (we did this a few times yesterday so it was fun that she remembered) since she took a digger into the TV tray this weekend, I'm really protective of her falling to the right (towards said tray). Anyway, she sat/fell on her bum a few times and then must have remembered yesterday's game. When she fell even slightly to the right (picture tuck right shoulder, baby falls on purpose - no lie), I would scoop her up and say something fun in a crazy high-pitched voice "I got you I got you I got you!!!" or something similar. Well, she suddenly thought this was the BEST thing ever and would no longer stand at her table. As soon as I put her on her feet, she'd instantly tuck her right shoulder and fall down so I could scoop her up and rock her to pieces. THEN she just wanted to be held and rocked like when she was just a tiny baby so we just kept doing that and it was so great I almost cried a little. PS. This was right before bath/bed time and with minimal naps today (she had lots of opportunity this afternoon!) so I think she was extra cuddly as a result. I. Loved. It. And. Ate. It. Right. Up. :-D Let's see if she remembers this game tomorrow. ;-)

Well, Adam's home with my ice cream so I suppose I should go so I can "help" take care of that. :) He didn't even do it this readily while I was preggo!! Go hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment