For some reason I'm feeling a bit frazzled tonight since Morgan went to bed. I think it was b/c any and everything was making the dogs bark and thus, waking the baby. One can only be doing chores to finally sit for the day so long with dog barking interruptions before one goes a little crazy.
Dawn & Paul had their baby - a girl - Claire Elaine, after our grandmother (middle name). We had thrown around a version of Elaine for Morgan at one point but nothing stuck and it turns out she was a Morgan. :) I'm so thrilled for them and know they're going to make great parents for that little girl. Now if only my other cousin (Dawn's sister) would post baby pictures...!!
Morgan and I went to late SS tonight at 5:30 instead of our usual 9 or 9:30am sessions and it was fun. We went early so she could eat supper at 5:00pm since it would have been impossible to feed her at 4:15 before leaving and waiting until 6:30 could have been a significant disaster. She did fine. At the end I had to bribe her with cheerios but meh, I'm game. She shared with her friend, Cammie, who's hair is getting so long and who's getting smarter and smarter every day. Not sure how many times we'll do nighttime SS b/c morning seems to be easier, but the company is still all fun and we enjoy it.
Morgan went swimming again this afternoon once her pool was in the shade of the house, which she enjoyed. That reminds me...yesterday to get out of the house, we went to her swing and she swung for a while. I gave her a little piece of tree bark and that little girl clung to her new pet bark for the next half hour even while walking through the grass. Today in the pool, I gave her a little clover flower and it was her favorite. She put it in the water, out of the water, tried to eat it (over and over with more hesitation the more she heard "no"), and had some serious love for the tiny flower. She also thought it was hilarious when I would throw water to Jessie who tried to and did catch it. Tons of giggles. I like those.
Tomorrow I have the morning with Morgan and then she's going to Mary's so I can A) mow the lawn and B) (more importantly) go get a mani/pedi package that I found this morning on my dresser that I forgot I had! Yeah! Then one more night and Adam's home. SO excited about this. :-D
Ok, that's it for tonight. I'm tired. Morgan was up for a 1/2 hour last night for who knows what reason. The crying made her runny nose go crazy so that was the final culprit. The thing is, I actually enjoy getting up with her once in a while so I can snuggle and hold/rock her to sleep. There's something so peaceful about a child sleeping on your chest while sucking her thumb and clinging to her bunny that really melts my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment