And starting this post during nap time is precisely why Miss M is going to wake up from her nap right. now. We shall see. If Jessie "The amazing barking dog" can keep her yap shut, we might be lucky...on with the post in case it's a fluke and she's not up.
I think you had to be there for this to be as funny as it was to Jason, Julie, and I, but I'll try to make this short. To preface - Morgan was standing on the couch facing the back of it so she could stand alone. There were two fleece blankets, one plaid, one zebra pattern, on the back of it and as soon as I put her there, she pulled her one hand off the plaid blanket and froze: she would NOT touch the strange blankets to save her life. I tried showing her they were ok by touching them myself and whatnot, but nope, moms don't know anything about crazy blankets so she wasn't having it. This in itself was pretty funny. Wait - it gets better.
So I finally sit her down on the couch and pull the zebra one onto her lap. She put both hands up in the air like she was under arrest (as anyone would do with a zebra blanket on their lap) and only started to giggle a little when I would tickle her with it real fast. So I would tickle fast, pull it back, and she'd giggle. Repeat over and over again...we laugh...and then I started timing it at different intervals so she couldn't predict when it was coming, and all of a sudden for one rather long wait for a tickle, she SCREAMED like a tiny little girl to (I'm giggling visibly while writing this) which Julie proceeded to also scream b/c it was so funny. OMGosh it was hilarious. She then looked at all of us and had NO CLUE what to do b/c she thought maybe she should actually be scared of the crazy live zebra blanket b/c everyone was screaming/laughing/and in my case crying? I was bawling it was so funny. It also helped that she just about jumped off the couch when she screamed too. It was a real, live scream. Maybe that makes me mean for thinking that was so funny. I tried really hard to make it seem like it was a nice blanket and not an evil one but once I get rolling like that...it's hard to stop the laughing train. Anyway, hilarious. I might laugh about that for the next 2 weeks.
Yesterday I dropped Morgan off at Mary's while I went home, mowed, and then got my mani/pedi spa package "taken care of." It was lovely. I got to talk to other adults about adult things (and kids, too, of course). Someone brought ME a pop after offering it. I hate the color I chose for my nails and they already chipped on one so I'm not sure those will even make it to vacation, but they look nice for now I suppose. I almost wish I would have done a different color on my toes too (they are a metallic, shimmery purple at the moment) but I wanted something different from the amazing color I had on at the time (which was from my last SLP pedi...terrible. That was weeks and weeks ago). :)
I'm jumping like a bean here...so Adam comes home today!! The original plan was for him to fly into Moline (nearest airport to home) around 12:30, come home and hang out with us for a little bit, and then go into work for a few hours before heading home again. Sure enough, blue skies, no weather, and his plane is delayed 1.5 hours. Which means his connector in Detroit wasn't going to happen. So he's going to be 4 hours behind but guess what - don't care. Still home on a THURSDAY instead of a FRIDAY. :) Apparently today is Canada Day (?) which is like our 4th of July in Canada. I asked Adam what the heck they declared independence from, and he said nothing. They wanted a 4th of July-like holiday like we have. Damn Canadians. JK, I have nothing against Canadians (that I'm aware of). Adam on the other hand...jk.
Well, it was a half a fluke. She let me get this far and is NOW awake. Not too bad. I have to buy her one of those shoulder/neck pillows for in the car b/c with her seat being rear-facing still the angle of her seat does not allow her to sleep with her head back. She looks broken when she sleeps and I hate it. I'm sure it will be fine when we turn her, but we have 3.5 months until that happens...unless we do it sooner. I have to check the weight regs on that one. :)
Off to get her before she figures out how to pull up on the crib and fall out. So far bunny's been doing a good job of keeping her entertained when I'm a little late getting up there (thank God) but seriously, Adam has to get that thing lowered asap. :) Maybe more later. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment