My goodness. The child woke up today saying Dada over and over and over...and kept it up throughout the day. "Dada!" in the car. "Dada!!" in church. "Dada!!!" while we were shopping in the Quad Cities after a nice family lunch at Red Lobster (it is, after all, crab fest - YUM). :) I thought it was cute. It was also a nice break from all the "Mama!!"s I tend to hear when she wants something, is sad, is happy, is fussy, is playing...etc. You get the picture. So Dada it is for today.
I work 2 days this week but I really don't mind b/c it's with two of my favorite coworkers in the whole wide world. It's part of my early evaluation team which is in charge of evaluating preschool age (3-5) kiddos. I've not evaluated kids for EE team in the summer before but I've heard they don't always show up. We're booked solid both days, but I've got some 0-3 things to take care of and also some catching up to do. :) I'm kind of looking forward to it.
We are super close to getting our jogger stroller and rather excited about it. My SS instructor has one that I'm going to look at this week. It's used and a really nice one so I've got the go from the $$ boss that if I like it, I should get it. If it's not going to work out, we picked on out at BRU today that was much less expensive but was light weight and easy to push. Once we need one with multiple seats, we'll likely look at new ones that cost significantly more. Since that's not happening for this or next summer, I think we're set to have a decently priced jogger to "hold us over" til the next one. :)
I like days like today. We went to church, lunch, shopping, laundry, household duties, cooking...just a good day. That's what I love about Sundays...
No comments:
Post a Comment