Morgan and I had another great day today. Adam was home this morning when we woke up (yay! Morgan was thrilled), we had a fun SS workout (that was actually killer - I sweat my @$$ off and it was perfect), and then found an amazing amount of summer clothes for next year on clearance for cheap. Glorious. We shared lunch from Bruegger's at home and then played. She took another good long nap today and all was well.
I really like being home with her. As in work is going to suck. Not the work, per se, but the fact that Morgan's not there will be tough. Some of my colleagues are saying things like "I start back in 2 weeks!" which I can't even process right now b/c it's still very much summer for me. Funny...I have to work next Tues/Wed (ugh!!) but I still have time off after that (I'm not going into details how much b/c then I will see how little time is left and I might cry) so I'm good. Monday, Aug. 16th might be tough...might...oh boy here come some preliminary tears as I write this. And by preliminary I meant a whole bunch. :'-( Sigh. She's just so amazing and I don't want to miss a minute...ok, moving on...wiping eyes...trying to see. If someone told me I could go PT and we could maintain our lifestyle AND pay off all our debts at the same rate and maybe maybe a little that I wouldn't be putting the AEA in a rather tough position by going PT (it matters to me, yes), I might consider it effective immediately.
On to the original reason for this post! (I can see now.) :) At Morgan's last well baby check (which was around 7ish months), she weighed 19lbs 14oz and was 28" long. Today, at 9 months, 2 days old, Morgan's stats were:
Height: 28", 66th percentile (what?!? I could have sworn she was almost 30!!)
Weight: 20lbs, 14oz, 84th percentile
Head circumference: 45.4cm, 78th percentile
So she's a big enough kid, but I was shocked that she wasn't LONGER. Her onsies are getting shorter and I don't think it's b/c she's getting much wider or anything b/c she's still long and lean looking. The overall appointment went well (long, a resident was there and we have NO problem with others learning - I had to sometime) and Morgan thankfully didn't need any ear wax removed like I thought she might. She particularly HATES having the inside of her ears looked at and screams and needs to be held down. Not so much fun. But we passed that so woo hoo!
Morgan is right on track with her development and the resident was impressed that Morgan could finger feed herself cheerios already (I thought this was normal?). The doctor said that Morgan's patty-cake antics are a 12-month skill. I was telling my friend earlier this week that I'm no longer so rigid about Morgan's development and am confident she's on track and even a little ahead in some cases. Tonight she attempted to stoop down while standing to pick up another toy - and almost took a digger and gave up. But she tried!!
One more thing - when given the choice of two books, Morgan, all on her own, will choose Doggies by Sandra Boynton. If another book is started for her, she usually gets about 2 pages in before she realizes it's not Doggies and does everything in her power to get away from you and go play. Morgan's friend Cammie did something very similar...I think it's b/c there are few words and the dogs sounds are written perfectly to make the reader sound like a dog (with a little flair from the reader, of course). She always points to the little black dog when he finally shows up on each page. No idea why. Must be her favorite. She gets confused when they get to 9 b/c all the dogs are black (it's dark outside and they're howling at the moon so they're blacked out - right Abbie?). :) We try to broaden horizons and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
One more thing #2 - I had Morgan try on her flower girl dress for Ross' wedding in a few weeks today so I could get an idea of what to tell the seamstress. It's an 18 month dress. It FITS. The only thing that could be done is the shoulders taken in a little so there's no gap in the top of it...but I was quite shocked that it was that close. Thank goodness my SIL could only find an 18 month dress!
Long post. I'm done. Adam wants to look at the week's pictures. I want to spend time with him. We talked and I really missed him. Sometimes I still feel like "old Melissa" is lost somewhere and this new person is so foreign. Anyway, off to enjoy the rest of the evening. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment