Sunday, July 18, 2010

Alert the media!! A TOOTH!!

This is a quick one but today Morgan and I were sitting in church and I was trying to keep her semi-still when I realized I hadn't checked for teeth in the past day or two. I stuck my finger in her mouth and sure enough, a tiny little TOOTH was sticking up from her bottom gums! It was for surely broken through but she wouldn't let me take a good look at it. I think I saw it though. I definitely felt it about 100x and it took ALL I had in me not to jump up and down and squeal with glee. 8 months, 3 weeks, 6 days (or whatever it would be for the day before she turns 9 months). Yeah! If I get a chance to take a picture of it all by myself, I will and will post. She's napping at the moment which puts a monkey wrench in my picture-taking scheme.

PS. If all teeth could come in this easily (I didn't notice any odd symptoms), that will be splendid.
PPS. I also realize this is highly unlikely to happen. :-/

Addendum since this morning:
As we've gone through the day, I've realized that there are a few other things that little Miss M can do and I haven't put it on here yet. If I have already, oops. I'm not worried. :)

Morgan now (and sort of did back when I posted about things she understands) knows kisses, up, clap, bounce (in her exersaucer), come here, kick/splash while swimming, and we're still working on 'no'. She also has no trouble getting tiny food to her mouth unless it's bread b/c she has to pull it apart until there's nothing left of it prior to, well, not eating it since there's nothing left of it. :-/ Stinker. She is still working on figuring out how to "get down" from standing and will just stand and yell to the point of crying if no one comes and "rescues" her.

This is awesome - today in church, toward the middle/end of songs, Morgan began vocalizing and kind of trying to sing with the songs! As soon as the verse/song was over, she'd stop. How great is that?!?

Just a little while ago, we went to HyVee b/c they are having some crazy sales (which everyone knew about b/c half my list was out of stock) and we said bye to the dogs. I waved and just said, "bye. bye dogs." and Morgan started waving and saying, "Bah. Bah." Could she be saying bye too!??! In church I wanted her to be quiet so we wouldn't have to get up and leave and I whispered shhhh in her ear and within 2-3 of those, she started using her sh/ch sound and was quieter. I'm continually impressed with her skills. Clearly. :)

Ok, nap with the baby or go scour the shower? Maybe dust (it's bad)? Adam didn't call when he went to bed last night (he's in Chicago, remember?) so when I woke up at 5:30am with the thunderstorm, I sort of freaked out a bit b/c he's in downtown Chicago, out having a good time, and who knows (I'm small-town, it's ok to laugh a little). So finally around 6 he gets back to me that he's alive (and not feeling so well, ahem, don't feel bad, ahem, you did this to yourself) and then I was just up the rest of the morning. NOT something I cared for too much. Off to do the shower anyway. I have a list and the items on it are not going to cross themselves off. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment