Woo hoo! I'm officially done working for July. Feels good. Back to work again August 10th, sigh. Enjoy the updates below as we fight what I believe might be Morgan's first upper tooth. Not as much fun as the (easy, didn't know they were coming) bottom two.
It happened once yesterday but I didn't want to count it in case it was a fluke...but tonight she did it 3x. Morgan will now respond appropriately to "Give it to Momma." She takes whatever she has in her hand and puts it in mine when I ask her to. Cool! We'll see how that goes when it's something she isn't willing to give up...
Yesterday we were just playing and I had her standing while I kept a few fingers on her hips to steady her. She let go so I did too and pretty soon I realized I should start counting...she stood for FOUR seconds on her own! I thought it was pretty great.
I think the universe realized I was working today so last night Morgan was up for just under 2 hours last night all sorts of upset. The more she cried, the more boogers, the more crying...viscous cycle. We'd get her tired and she'd lie in her crib asleep for about 9 minutes and then wake up crying. Fun stuff. I gave her oragel but don't want to be that mom that just pumps her kid full of Tylenol to make her sleep...but finally after an hour and a half, she just couldn't seem to get comfy so Tylenol it was and that was the ticket. Mary said to do Tylenol sooner next time. I'll agree. :) Mary also said that Morgan was just a little off this afternoon but is sure she's not sick so perhaps that top tooth is closer than we think. I have NO other evidence other than crankiness, less willingness to bite our fingers when checking for teeth, a slightly elevated temp (high 99s/low 100s), and more specific biting on her top gums. Poor baby. I hope it doesn't hurt her too much.
We now know that Morgan is not allowed on the bed in our room anymore. She has no depth perception. End of story.
In the last 2-3 days or so, Morgan wades through her sea of toys that seems to have taken over the living room and finds her favorite books (ie. Little Quack loves colors, Doggies, Bedtime, and any other touchy-feely book) and starts turning the pages. This evening, she finally paired her little voice with them (well, not little, it was quite loud, actually) and began telling the stories to whoever was listening. 9 months and telling stories from books...swoon!
Morgan continues to practice using her fork to feed herself after we put the food on for her. She's brushing her teeth 1-2x/day and enjoying it. The more she can do on her own, the better. :)
I feel like I'm missing a few things but so be it. Off to go make some cookie dough and get rid of this craving. ;-) Sigh. I should probably follow that with a run, but I vote "core class" ss tomorrow morning...my abs hurt already. Perfect. :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment