- No more work this week (or next hee hee).
- It's baby time.
- We had pizza for supper.
- We had cookies (that someone else made) for dessert.
- We had a pit fire afterwards. Yay! Mosquitoes were bad, so that ended early. Boo.
- Friends came over and Morgan got to hang out with her little friends Jack & Will.
- SS tomorrow morning along with some shopping and maybe lunch with a friend. :)
Not much is new here. Morgan's crawling around all over and routinely leaves her toys to come find me in the kitchen. She rarely crawls in the traditional sense anymore. She'd rather use one knee and one foot to move around. It looks odd but it's efficient. I don't care. I only have to carry her from A to B 95% of the time now instead of all the time. :)
Oh, here's a fun one - Morgan loves to clap. She could be sitting there, nothing happens, and she'll clap. So anyway, to shape that into fun behavior, I started sitting with her and doing Pat-a-cake (pronounced Pat- eee - cake in our house). Now, when I start saying it, she will clap all by herself but still needs a little help with roll it, pat it. When it comes time to throw it in the oven, she grabs for my fingers no matter where they are so we can "throw it" together as I shake her around a bit. It's pretty dang cute. She also stops what she's doing a majority of the time to listen to other nursery rhymes or songs. She especially likes the Wheels on the Bus and Little Green Frog.
Tomorrow Adam has golf in the morning and then leaves for a food show of some sort in Chicago for the weekend through Tuesday. Boo. But Morgan and I have a fairly busy schedule (save for Sunday...maybe we should go to the pool?) while he's gone so that helps. She's going to be 9 months on Monday. Sigh. Happy weekend. Stay cool. It's been HOT and HUMID here the past week or so and I'm ready for it to be all done. All you preggos are troopers. I was lucky last summer as we didn't even come close to this kind of heat if I remember correctly. Ick. Better than snow! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment