Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We have a waver, folks!

Morgan now waves when prompted by me saying "Say hi/bye!" and she waves furiously. She did so to the lady at Motherhood Maternity (we were there with a preggo friend, not for me, ha!) and Adam when he got home. And the baby in the mirror. And me. It's SO fun watching her "get" things and have her receptive vocabulary really grow.

I'm really struggling with my weight. Still. This is week 2 of me closely watching calories in, doing something exercise-like every day, etc. And guess what. I'm still right where I started. I moved a little here and there (up AND down) in the process but am essentially in hte same place. :-( I'm really hoping it's just taking a while to kick in or I'm doing something really wrong. Sigh. I hate this part. And I want this weight gone by the time we start trying for #2, which isn't for a while yet but the way this is going, who knows if this goal will work out. I truly think I can do it. I should have no problem, actually. If it doesn't work, I'm really scared that I completely lost touch with my own body and I traded mine for a foreign one when I had the baby. That scares me a lot. It's worth it b/c I have that amazing little girl sleeping soundly upstairs, but for someone who takes pride in being relatively comfortable in a bikini on vacation (with a little prep work), that's a tough pill to swallow. Chin up, moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment