It's still hard to believe I have a YEAR old child, much less a 13-month old one. She's so great and every day is a new surprise with what she knows, learns, and now (continues to, really) says.
Her verbal skills are really taking off now. Mary said today a dad came to drop off his son and he said hi to Morgan. She surprised him by saying "Hi" right back. She's also saying a few (likely) two word phrases like a version of thank you and here-a-go (here you go - I realize it's 3 but it sounds like two when she says it...but who's counting?). :) She says so many words now either imitatively or on her own that it's hard to keep track of anymore. Morgan is answering yes/no questions. It's cute b/c you can ask her a question and she goes "Yep!" like it's nothing or that she's been saying that for-ev-er, Mom. Duh. Mary and we all think that she's saying much more than we understand at the moment. She tells us things in such a matter-of-fact way that all you can do is say, "Really!? That's SO interesting!" and let her finish telling you the rest of her story. She imitates like a crazy person and has new sounds emerging each week. Tonight on our way home from dinner, I was entertaining her by fake (obnoxious) sneezing (which seems to delight her to no end). I did it once and sure enough, she said, "Achooo!" right after me. The mommy part of me is so happy. The SLP-mommy in me is positively DELIGHTED. :)
Tomorrow morning we are getting up bright and early to head to the Quad Cities for Breakfast with Santa. Mary told us about it and she has 2.5 tables worth of "Mary's kids" attending. Afterwards, there is a holiday parade that I hope Morgan enjoys. It will finally be her first one since every other parade we wanted to/attempted going to have fallen through. We need to grab her snow pants though b/c it's going to be COLD! Pictures to follow...
Adam's home. Our house is whole. It's amazing how much easier life is when there is another set of adult hands. I can't imagine being a single parent constantly with no end in sight. Toughest job ever.
Tonight Morgan walked around Walmart with us and didn't have much trouble keeping up physically...distractibility may have played a bigger issue. :)
Tonight when we got home from errands/dinner, it was immediate diaper time since she hadn't had a diaper change since Mary's (who's so great about changing her right before we show up). I had been "monitoring" the situation and she didn't feel overly wet or anything...so I put her on the potty and within a minute she totally went. Her diaper had been completely dry. Yeah!! So then 10 minutes later she totally pooped her diaper. I have to laugh - one battle at a time. I was pretty excited for a second go of it. We are also getting tiny M&Ms tomorrow for a reward. Sometimes clapping and making a big deal just isn't enough. ;-)
That's all. Enjoy the pictures below. We have to get things ready like it's another work day (ugh. That's early.) so we can actually be somewhere on time. :) Nighty night, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment