Monday, November 15, 2010

Congrats on the MBA, Adam!!

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate my husband, Adam Paul Schmidt, on the completion of his MBA evening program after 3ish long years of hard work, sweat, and tears (I think just mine (they were few) - I don't know if he ever had any). :) He's given up so much to achieve so much...and it's made him a better person and employee because of it. Congratulations, honey. I'm SO proud of you and words cannot begin to tell you how I really feel.

My Joes...oh dear out of this world expensive denim jeans...how I love you so. I felt more confident in a pair of jeans that felt like they were tailored for my dairy air only which is a feeling I haven't felt in just under 2 years. I felt so GOOD. I will be slowly but surely expanding my awesome denim collection. Very slowly. :)

Funny...Adam and I get a tiny bit of a blog post even for such a momentous occasion as completing a MBA program and then it's on to the she-child. :) Come on, are you shocked? Really? I didn't think so. It's not my fault that she's the greatest thing (well, person) to have ever walked the planet. But hey, that's just me. And Adam. I know that.

I found Morgan's tiny furniture!! We were looking for Adam on our way to the hunting section when I saw it. A tiny pink rocking chair. I'm so eager to put it together one night this week or with Adam Friday night when he gets home. It's adorable. She's going to LOVE it. Hopefully as much as me. ;-)

Morgan has pretty much mastered going down stairs on her own. I still am right behind her no matter what just in case - I'm not ready to watch her go flying again in the near future. She does, however, continue to need assistance to get to the "go down" position. She still thinks she can just walk down the stairs. Once she's sitting and turned around, she's golden. Baby steps. And she knows what up/down stairs means. I asked her if we should go downstairs and play and she went to the "upstairs" stairs. Easy redirection and down the stairs we went! She never ceases to amaze me.

Few cute/interesting things - This weekend Morgan would run from one grandparent to the other. Gparent pick up child and make fun noises/tickle/laugh. Morgan squirms down and runs to other Gp. Noises/laugh/tickle. Rinse, repeat. About half way through her antics, she starts signing (you football fans know what I mean) "holding" (hand around wrist, pull down). NO idea what this means. She did it once tonight too but I have no idea. Don't like that...I like to know what's going on, child. On a different note, around 6:55pm tonight, Morgan (I swear) said "nai nai" and went to the bottom stair (gate's in the way) with her thumb in her mouth. So sweet...but too early. Nothing a snack won't cure. ;-)

I love Christmas and the holidays. I do not, however, love scheduling them with everyone when schedules don't work. I know it will all work out. And I'm really excited for them...just wish I could snap my fingers and have them complete. Thanksgiving is almost set so that's nice. I'll take it.

For the record, Morgan had her last bottle last week. And she should have been off even sooner as she didn't miss it at all. New bedtime routine - bath, last drink of milk, brush teeth/hair, kisses/hugs, up to her room, drink of water, prayers in the glider, bed. I would read her books up there, but she is all business when it's bedtime - she'd push it away for sure. We make sure to read her lots of books during play time and she's fine. I can ask her to bring me a book and she does, comes back over, and scoots her tiny hiney into my lap. Bliss.

One tree is up and lit. No ornaments yet as I wanted to see how Morgan did with it. She hardly even cares it's there. Perfect. Ornaments soon after time-sensitive Christmas project(s) is/are complete.

I need to go do a few things as Adam's on his way home with turtle sundaes from Culver's. He's bringing sundaes, I've got the wine ready. Again, so proud of him...we're a lucky family but now lucky with a smarty pants husband-daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment