Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Easier this time

So it turns out that Adam traveling has been tremendously easier this time around (thus far). It very much helps that Morgan is thoroughly enjoying her new walking skills and being busy as ever so she's much less crabby than she has been as of late. I really think it's partly to do with this 3rd tooth working its way in and (I'm guessing) being past the "this really freaking hurts!" stage. Whew.

Correction to last night's sign list (she added a new one today...that's one yesterday and one today...yeah!): eat, milk, more, please, help, all done, go, bath. We were looking at a book where a baby was taking a bath and I mentioned this fact out loud. Morgan immediately started signing it. I didn't realize she had picked it up expressively after all the receptive input she's gotten with that one. Verbally, she's saying more and more words now that I'm becoming even more "in touch" with her speech patterns and her environment. She now says "uht" (up, out - they sound the same but she means two different things), daddy (her FAV), momma (2nd rate citizen), Dehdee! (Jessie!), no (usually after we say it), and a few others I'll remember tonight at 2:30am.

Morgan had her first real live time out tonight. We made it easy, there were no real tears, and I think I got through to her. We were in her room hanging out while I put laundry away and take summer clothes out of her dresser and she became obsessed with her nightlight. After what felt like a million "no touch!!"es (real consistent, right?), I made her sit on the floor. It didn't go well so after a few attempts, I picked her up, "explained" to her why she was there, and told her to go play. Sure enough, a minute later she's touching that dang nightlight. This time I took her over by the door/corner (we weren't aiming for the corner, but I needed less escape routes. I had her sit for a minute and she tried to get up 2x but sat fairly well with a verbal cue only. After about a minute (1 minute = 1 year old), she could get up after another "explanation." Low and behold, no more nightlight! Just taking all the books off the shelf instead....and DONE playing in her room while mommy tries to get something done. :)

I really want to post pictures and/or talk about my Christmas projects but the recipients may read this and it would wreck everything. Sigh. I'll post afterwards. :)

Off to start a new Christmas project I've finally gotten all the materials for. However, I just found another thing I can add to it but that can be done at the end so I'm going to concentrate on a solid base with which to add the finishing touches to. For serious - I'm REALLY going to start this one tonight unlike the last 2 nights I promised...

PS. I've been meaning to follow up on the tantrum post...we haven't had one in quite some time. It's SO BORING to tantrum when no one pays attention. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment