Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Baking 2010

This morning Morgan and I went to a Christmas baking "party," if you will, to join 7 of our Muscatine friends and three other kiddies to make as many goodies as we could fit into about 4 hours and then take home our stashes. It was wonderful. We were lucky the kids were so well behaved (even though Morgan gave me about 80 heart attacks going up/down the 1/2 flight of stairs on her own almost constantly throughout the duration. Only one small missed step, few tears, game on. Thanks to Olivia who gave Morgan her juice and made her feel better. :)

Morgan's been up early lately. Today was no exception and the child didn't realize it was Saturday and that we DON'T get up with Daddy when he goes hunting. Better luck tomorrow, perhaps. Adam has to leave around 4:30am to go to tomorrow's hunting extravaganza with his group of guys he goes with so I can legitimately let Morgan cry a bit to go back to sleep b/c honey, we ain't gettin' up THAT early. I mean it.

I have tons of cleaning to do to get ready for Monday night's book party. I'm not sure how much I really want to do today with a WHOLE day tomorrow for it to get dirty from the dogs and hunting husband. I've decided to have the party in the kitchen/dining room (basically 1st floor) instead of the basement to save on cleaning time/space just in case it doesn't all get done. I had good intentions, actually, to hire out my cleaning for this one but I sent an email, didn't get a response, didn't have time to pursue it further, and decided since it's so late I'll just do it myself. Morgan might be a little more bored tomorrow with a crazy cleaning mommy but meh...she'll be fine. :) Off to clean. Oh joy.

PS. Huge winter snow storm? Current blizzard warning? Funny...I see rain. Thank you mother nature for making it nice and muddy for my puppies' feet while I'm trying to get/keep the house clean. Good call. :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment