Of course tonight would be the night that Adam texts me from Montreal to say he's all signed up and ready to go with Skype on his end. On the Iowa end, we have a camera in the box and everything else all set to go on my laptop. After quick scrambles to relieve the box of its camera and get things going, the internet is down. Quick call to the internet provider reveals there is an "internet outage" and "they" are working on it right now. Bah humbug. No Skyping tonight.
So I checked a few times while Morgan and I were playing and nothing...and then during bedtime snack, I checked since we were sitting there and sure enough, internet!! So I quickly called him up and there he was, right in front of us. I positioned the camera so he could see Morgan best and it was great. I can't BELIEVE we haven't done this sooner and I could just kick us for waiting. Adam was a little emotional which I didn't find odd, but wasn't expecting. Then later I was talking to Sherri (Adam's mom) and I broke down b/c it was actually really hard for me (tearing up now again) to see him sitting on that hard hotel couch and knowing that we're here in our comfy, cozy house with everything we want of ours at our fingertips...so while this whole week and a half of two weeks I've been having a mini-pity-party in my head while carrying on with life, it's nothing compared to what he must experience missing us and home. (Well, maybe not nothing - it's still pretty hard here too.) Anyway, thank you God for giving someone the wisdom and ability to invent Skype and share it for free. You are making my family closer and stronger.
PS. I also thought it was great that when I was talking to Sherri and telling her how easy it was, that she was ready to go buy a new computer tomorrow (theirs isn't always reliable) so they could also Skype with us (Morgan). :) Ah, the power of a grandchild. We will be setting them (and whomever else wants to know!) up over Christmas. Fun stuff!
I also must say that it is super splendiferous that I have a clean house that took me about 8 minutes to pick up after Tornado Morgan went to bed. Sitting here, relaxing, ordering my Usborne books was just the ticket after some hectic evenings of cleaning like a crazy person. My show last night was SO nice...relaxing, people could mingle and I hope it was a low-pressure situation. I don't like feeling pressured that I need to buy something at parties so hopefully people didn't feel pressured at mine. Anywho, the books should be here before Christmas which means lots of fun new reading!!
Well, it's time to finish my hot apple cider (left over from last night) that is sort of helping my mild/mod sore throat and maybe work on a Christmas project. I know, I know, I'm sick of hearing me say that too. :) Here's to hoping that Morgan is able to sleep since she can hardly breathe (more boogers) *clink*
No comments:
Post a Comment