But so far we've avoided the worst of the flu that's been going around. Adam had a pretty nasty cold, Morgan is getting over hers, and Hadley is in the middle of hers, which means next week at this time I should be a gross mess. Fingers crossed hard - we don't like barf at our house and I may cry if we all take turns.
It's time. I'm done. I'm so done carrying this baby weight around and it finally hit me that I'm walking around in someone else's
chubby body instead of my own. Last Monday I finally took action and at least went with eating better/less/etc to make things happen that way. I'm trying to get in some working out but that's not been the easiest, as it never feels like it is for me. There's always something to clean/pack/play with instead of working out. And it's COLD outside which makes running seem like torture. A good friend mentioned taking the girls to the Y-care or whatever it's called, but quite honestly, it terrifies me that they'll get sick from other kids or behaviors or hurt from other kids - I know these are all ridiculous (except the sick - that's totally legit in that setting) so I don't know how much I'll use that. Our sitter once even mentioned dropping them off at her house before going to the Y so as to avoid the germs they might pick up there and bring to daycare...plus there's just not that much time in a weekday during kid awake hours. We shall see. I'm excited for this summer when Morgan can hopefully ride her bike more reliably (and not into the river or something) so we can go to the riverfront for run/bikes while Hadley hangs out in the jogger.
Long story short, I'm on the wagon and ready to lose. I was so sad to realize that I was down to about +6 pounds from pre-Hadley-pregnancy at one point this summer and then just lost it and got back up to (embarrassed to say this!) about +10-12. Right now I'm sitting at +10 which is -2 from last Monday. On my way. Done waiting to buy clothes until I'm "my size" again. Look out, summer 2013.
Speaking of 2013, I wrote something up for work the other day and put "2013-2014 school year" which blew me away - I can hardly understand that it's going to be 2014 next. That seems like forever away (and kind of is, almost a whole year).
EDIT!! I almost forgot to mention - we're about to welcome a new person into our (extended) family today! Our nephew, Chase, is almost ready to join this world as my sister is in the hospital, in labor, and likely ready to push any minute now. So excited for a boy in the family! He has no idea what he's coming into...dolls and bows and princesses...oh my. :) Can't wait to meet him!
Ok, back to life. Carry on.
Agreed about the germs at the Y and I'm not even a germaphobe normally! Take Mary up on her deal! Or try for some NTC after bed. A half hour goes by quickly. The 30 day shred is all on YouTube now and is 25 min long which is nice. You look great, but I understand wanting to be 'you' again!
ReplyDelete