Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nursing Update

Well, things aren't going the greatest in the nursing department. I blogged about my supply being nonexistent for a day or so while I was super sick with the stomach flu last week but it hasn't seemed to truly bounce back yet. At the end of last week, I was getting 2oz out of a pump session and for any of you pumpers, you know that's almost nothing.

I decided to give it another go yet this week of pumping 2x/day at work. On Monday (yesterday), I got the new "regular" 2oz per session. I wasn't going to pump in the afternoon b/c I was so frustrated and figured it almost wasn't worth it...but a friend made me think and I had some time at work so I pumped and got another 2oz...all together, one whole bottle's worth (she takes 4oz a time at the sitter's). I felt really good that I did that.

Today my schedule was weird b/c I had to go to the dentist after my last home visit but it was early enough in the day that I couldn't pump in the afternoon so I just pumped 1x over my lunch. I got 3.5oz which is super close to one whole bottle so I was pretty happy about that. I nursed Morgan when I got home then b/c we had volleyball tonight when she was going to bed. I have to go pump b/c of that so she'll hopefully have more than a bottle's worth. So for now I think I'm just going to go back and forth b/w 1-2x pumping at work and see what happens. Since Morgan's almost 6 months old (well, in 3 weeks, really) I feel pretty good about where things are at. My goal is to finish the school year pumping at least once a day unless things drop off even more...and then I just want to nurse her in the morning and at bedtime until we just don't anymore. I'm pretty pleased that I've made it thus far.

I also think that something (ie. good ol' aunt flo) might be making an appearance...which would completely make sense for the drop in milk supply. Great. I missed her so. NOPE. Not so much. One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment