Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The OTHER Roll Over

Today Morgan officially rolled over from her belly to her back on her right side. This happened two weekends ago while Adam's parents were here and I scared everyone by yelling with delight as she was doing it but I thought it might have happened b/c I put her down on her tummy and it happened very quickly post set-down. But today I put her on her tummy, watched her for about 10 seconds, and then watched her stick her little hiney up in the air, tuck her right shoulder, and laugh after she rolled over. Stinker. She's so dang cute.

Eat-a-potomus. That's my daughter. I sent her enough homemade baby food to eat at daycare to last at least a week. Yup. When I picked her up today (Wednesday), Mary told me all she had left was zucchini. Piggy pants. :) Morgan has now added pears and zucchini to her food repertoire. I was going to add peas next but I couldn't get the dang things to get smooth enough. I just don't want her to choke on the hulls so maybe we'll do green beans next...

I had a terrible bought of stomach flu (small potential it was food poisoning but I don't think so) Monday night and all day Tuesday. UGH. It was awful. Adam was at class and I had just gotten back from a 3-mile walk with the baby. We were eating dinner and I didn't feel so great about half way through but got through it fine. Then bathtime...still not feeling any better and actually feeling a bit worse. By the time I got her upstairs for nursing I knew something was wrong. I finished nursing and literally tossed the baby in the crib before racing downstairs to the bathroom. I'll spare details but within 12 hours there was not a THING left in my system. Thankfully I was spared a fever/chills. And props to the amazing hubs who got up with the baby two nights in a row and took over almost all duties so I could rest. It was actually hard to be away from her (or not able to play with her) for fear she might catch it. So far so good...she's been a little quiet the past few days but nothing too alarming. I picked her up from daycare today and Mary said that Morgan had been quiet this afternoon. As soon as I shut the door to Mary's house, Morgan starts babbling away. Silly monkey.

Ok, off to get Morgan's things ready for the morning. I have a rather huge bag of frozen fruits/veggies ready for Morgan to go tomorrow. Should last her until...at LEAST Tuesday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment