I didn't realize time had gotten away from me like that...it's been over a week since I posted! Yikes! Ok, let's see how much I remember...
Mary (sitter) is gone this week and half of next. Grandma Susie was just here from Sunday night to this morning and Morgan had a great time with her. Today she hung out with Grandma Sherri and Grandpa Al and had more fun. The only downside is that she's not napping very well so she's pretty tired at night. Not too crabby...just tired.
We now have to put liners in Morgan's cloth diapers b/c her poo is now pretty solid - as is her food! We tried sweet potatoes for Morgan's first solid food (besides cereal) and the first time, it went terrible! I gave it to her straight and slightly warmed up and the poor thing gagged like a crazy person so we stopped. It took her a good day to trust me again feeding her anything by spoon but she then did well once we mixed her fruit/veggie with cereal. We started by giving her 1oz of formula mixed with a heaping TBS of cereal at night only. That was less than a week ago and now she's up to 2 oz for lunch with fruit/veggie mixed in and then 3oz of formula/cereal mixture and half a tub of fruit/veggie. Tomorrow she's going to have 2oz of cereal for breakfast, 2 oz of cereal/fruit/veggie mix for lunch, and then 3 oz of cereal and trying carrots tomorrow night for the first time. Her current repertoire of foods are sweet potatoes and peaches. Bring on the carrots!
Morgan is now a sleeper-through-the-nighter. By this I mean that she sleeps from 7:30pmish-some where b/w 5:30-6:30am without feeding. She usually needs anywhere from 1-5 nuk plugs and occasionally needs up to an hour of attention to fall back to sleep. We've also started to wean her from the swaddle which has been interesting. We've been alternating which arm sticks out each night as both arms just isn't feasible yet. I tried it one night and she made it 2 hours before her hands came flying all over her face and she woke herself up. We are also hoping to have her napping in her crib a bit very soon. Grandma Susie got her to sleep in the crib for 45 minutes sans swaddle one day! I think we're on to something! Mary's going to be so proud to hear of all her accomplishments in the past week...can't WAIT to tell her!
This weekend I will be running my first race/walk ever. It's a 5k. I've never run a race in my life. I have done ZERO training. My SLP work friend, Denise, suggested it earlier this week and for some reason, it sounded like a good idea at the time. And by run this thing, I mean run/walk. That's all I'm going to say about that. I'm scared and very excited. It's only 3.1 miles. Ouch in advance.
Now that this post took me an hour to write b/w doing diapers with Adam, watching TV, and being sleepy. PS. Just found out yesterday that my friend, Abbie, is having a girl (most likely). How sweet! TWO girls for their family...kids are such a blessing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment