Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Another video...Talking on the phone :-D

Sorry. Now I'm all video happy. It's just so fun to share the new things she learns and does. Video preface: Morgan LOVES my phone almost as much as I love the child herself. If she gets a chance to even TOUCH it, she's in some sort of heaven. Since she first showed an interest, I've been showing her here and there how to use it - up to your ear, that is. For whatever reason, tonight it clicked. And then to top it off, she started putting the phone to my ear, but then to her baby's ear! Pretty neat stuff. :) (keep reading below the video - there's more!)



So I go to pick up Morgan from Mary's house today, and Mary's eyes were all twinkly and she said, "Morgan said PLEASE today. Clear as day. She said please when she wanted to come up." VERY cool!! She hasn't said it anymore today, but that's typical of children learning language at her age. I don't know if I mentioned this one, but along with waving, she also SAYS "bye" when someone is leaving. Current consistent words to date: mama, dada, bye, no. Inconsistent words to date: up, please. 6 words by 10 months? Happiest. SLP. Ever. :)

Packing for WI has started in earnest tonight, especially for Morgan since I'll be gone until 7:15pm for class tomorrow night (2nd last one...and we're in a pickle next week b/c Adam's out of town!) and I can't pack her clothes if she's sleeping. So I pull out a pair of really cute jeans for her since it's going to be cold (60s) in WI and thought maybe I should try them on her. Good thing I did, b/c three pairs of jeans later, it was confirmed that the child can't even MOVE unless she's wearing a size 18 months. Not 12-18 months, as she can't crawl or even hardly move in them. Sigh. Good thing her cousins lent her their 12/12-18 month jeans and I bought her several pairs...that she'll never wear. :( I guess we'll be going shopping this weekend for jeans for the child. Shoot. She's 10 months old and I'm going to have to buy her 2T or 24 (aren't those the same?) jeans. I blame her BG diapers about 30%. But the 18 month jeans are the right length! Not even close to too short...What a big girl. But dang, my wallet!

Ok, too many chores and packing to do before Adam gets home in an hour or two. PS. Did I mention that we're so excited to go to WI this weekend? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment