Oh a good time doesn't even begin to describe it...and there wasn't anything sogreatoutoftheordinary that made the weekend so fabulous, but I think it was the just being HOME part of it that made it so lovely. (PS. The picture above is from Bay Beach.) Adam and I have really been missing home lately so it was good to just get back to our roots and get right back into the swing of things, even if it was just for a few days. (PS. Come back and check this post either later tonight or tomorrow...I'll be adding pictures but have too many chores to do very late now to post them all)
Friday night, we went out for dinner with Adam's parents and my Dad & Sue. The service was fine but the kitchen and seating were terribly slow and really tested my temper that seems to have come from nowhere the past few months. (I think I've mentioned this before...more on that later.) Morgan was a trooper and handled it rather well until the end. I think she might have even held it together better than me. :)
Saturday was busy but so fun. It worked out to do it this way best, even though we would rather have had Adam join us in the morning. Instead, Adam went golfing at Whistling Straits in Kohler with his dad, brother, and my dad. This course is on his bucket list, I swear, so for him to have the opportunity to go (my dad was his in since he works for Kohler Co.). He loved it, did rather well, and was very happy to go. I took Morgan to Green Bay to visit my friend, Steph, and her family and we ended up taking the girls (and a work friend's family) to Bay Beach in Green Bay. Greatest, cheapest place for kids, I swear. I almost had a heart attack letting Morgan go on RIDES alone and/or with a tiny little friend, but she LOVED it and had a great time. She only almost fell over/out of one, and she slid off the seat into the bottom of the airplane just as I was getting to her. All the rest of the rides went well and there were smiles all around. And a dirty sleeve b/c SOMEONE wouldn't get her hand off the race car tire while it was moving. I won't name names, but I think we know. ;-)
Morgan and I then trekked up to Sturgeon Bay to visit Adam's Aunt Cherie and Uncle David at their cabin on Sandy Bay. We had a nice time visiting and Morgan enjoyed seeing our extended family. She had SO much time outside that day. Adam and his dad met us there later in the afternoon and then we headed back to my parents' house so Morgan could get to bed sort of on time since the night before and all day of naps in the car were likely going to catch up with her at some point. She also slept much better the second night so that was fab.
Sunday we hung out, did some shopping, did lunch, had Morgan take a (huge!) nap in her pack 'n play (non-carseat naps are super important at some point!), and then we got to see my brother Ross' new house. It's lovely...I'm glad they are so very happy there. Morgan was hilarious chasing their kitty under and around the table and could not figure out how to get to him through the chair legs. Silly baby.
Monday we left a bit early so we could stop in Sheboygan to visit my other brother, Travis, and his family since it was my and Adam's goddaughter, Talia's second birthday. What a big girl!! She was so cute (as was her sister, Tatum) and seemed to like the presents we got her. We had to leave before the party even started since we left the dogs at a kennel here in Iowa and had to pick them up by 5:30. The ride home went well and it was nice to have it be a little shorter since we sort of started in Sheboygan and usually we're going through there around 45 minutes into the trip.
We love WI - have I mentioned this yet? We are going back the first week of October for my cousin's wedding, then two weeks later for Morgan's WI birthday parties, and then before we know it it will be Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think we'll have plenty of opportunities to see all our family in the coming months so that should help the "WI-sickness" we might be feeling a little bit.
I think this is the last thing (what a not-fun thing to end on!) I wanted to mention before heading to laundry, packing for tomorrow, and general cleaning up chores. I've always had a temper. It's the Seefeldt temper (don't deny it, fellow Seefeldt-ians) and I've usually been able to manage it so it's not really that big of a deal. The past few months, I've been going from fine to searing hot angry almost instantaneously and have a really hard time getting past it without obnoxious words, actions, or something coming from within. I've been working hard to control it, especially in front of Morgan, and sometimes I'm successful. Lots of others, I'm not. Adam's been a trooper and helped me sort of deal with it, but it's getting to the point where I think I need to talk to my doctor. I don't think I have any post-partum depression by any means, but this anger is getting out of control. Morgan, actually, doesn't trigger it or if she does, it's significantly milder in form and not that bad - totally manageable. So anyway, once I make that appt we'll see what happens. There are some other things I have questions about and while it really stinks that I SO don't feel like me at times and literally feel like my chest might explode if I don't freak out about whatever is making me angry at the moment, it's worth it for the gift I have upstairs sleeping with her bunny in the crib. :)
Ok, can't end on that note so here are a few other quick highlights...Adam's in Madison, WI, for a training with 2 other work friends this week. "Class..." ::scoffs:: in Mad-town? I don't think so. It's class, out for dinner, have a GREAT time, sleep, repeat. Lucky duck, that's all I have to say. ;-) I had another but I forgot it so off to laundry, packing, and chores. At almost 9pm...totally my fault! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment