Apparently, a bunch of neurons have connected in our daughter's brain b/c it's been 48 hours of firsts!
In the mornings now, when there is time for me to have cereal, Morgan has taken to coming to me and practically mauling me to have a few little pieces. I've taken such opportunities to teach her how to sign "please" to request this cereal. So model, hand-over-hand, model, HOH, and guess what. This morning, I got her first "please" sign!! It was great!! It was also really funny b/c instead of making a circular motion with a flat hand on her chest as is the sign for please, she began tapping the side of her belly/ribcage area which was close enough to me!! She did it probably 2-3 more times and then I was done eating and she was off chasing a dog. :) Woo hoo! Signs to date: more, all done, please.
Then...Adam's parents are here this weekend before heading to a condo for the week in western/northwestern Iowa. Adam was still on his way home from Madison and Al, Sherri, Morgan, and I were hanging out outside talking and walking Morgan all around. Al was off doing something and Sherri, Morgan, and I were talking. Morgan suddenly stuck her hand out in the air in such a way that almost looked like a song leader at a Catholic church mass. I looked at her and imitated that movement, and all of a sudden she put her hand to her mouth and then stuck her hand out again. I understood and blew her a kiss back. Back and forth blowing of kisses ensued and I almost teared up but was too excited. How great to have your daughter blow you her first kiss. So very sweet.
One more thing - tonight, Morgan adopted what we now call "crazy baby." She crawls fast, stops, turns around, hands up, hands slam down on the floor, and crawls fast, repeat. Sometimes she's too excited and just sits, swivels, hands up/down, crawl two steps, sits, swivels...and so forth. She really gets going when someone's saying "crazy baby! crazy baby!" in a high pitched voice...but I don't know who would do such a thing. :)
That's all. I'm very very tired. I'm still working on getting into the mindset of FT work and constantly thinking on my feet and hoping it's not obvious that I don't always feel like I know what I'm doing. That said, I need to finish making up the guest bedroom so I can go to bed in mine. :)
PS. Morgan went to bed somewhat difficult last night...come to find tonight when I went to get something from her room, that she had gotten sick a little. Odd, as I felt on her sheets b/c I had suspected that had happened...UGH. Which means it was not boogers on her bunny after all... :-~
No comments:
Post a Comment