Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aphonic Me.

What a lovely weekend...minus all the sinus/throat ick that was going on. However, it was still fun and all the denial that I did that maybe I wasn't feeling the best worked. Ish. Friday night my Dad & Susie came into town just before Morgan went to bed (rather late b/c she was really excited to see them) and then Adam came home in the wee hours of the morning b/c he missed a connecting flight. No worries, he came home safely and that's what matters.

I must say (and yes, this post will likely be all over the place and make no sense) I am VERY excited for the potential snow day/early out/late start (whatever I'll take it!!) coming up on Tues/Wed. Best case scenario? Two-day snow day. Worst case? Nothing. I'm shooting for a happy medium and maybe we'll get an early out and snow day. Who knows. Bring it on, Mother Nature!

We had a really nice time with my parents here. They enjoyed spending time with us and were excellent babysitters for us Saturday night when we went to the Annual Chili Cook-off at the Voss'. A great time was had by all and the chilis were all YUMMY. There was even a dessert chili that involved brownies, marshmallows, nuts, and tons of chocolate. Adam did a little too well at beer pong but all in all it was a great night.

I am not very audible today. I can talk but am rather squeaky and breathy and overall aphonic at times. Hopefully this subsides before I have to talk to tiny humans tomorrow and help evaluate them to determine their level of services needed, if any. :)

Still thinking about my potential snow days. You bet. Thank you in advance local and even national news stations for blowing this storm up ahead of time and making everyone nervous.

Dancing...Morgan's starting to come into her own a little with dancing. This weekend she started dancing with her hands up in the air instead of out in front of her and flying from side to side in a circle shape. Who knows where she'll go next. I don't have much to teach her. Maybe she could learn from her friend, Cammie...what do you think, Abbie? :-P

Today I cooked a turkey we had in the freezer to make room for all the rest of Adam's venison from his deer this year. It was really good and thankfully I had Susie-cooker-woman there so she could give me tips on using the entire turkey to make an awesome base for the turkey soup I made all afternoon. YUM. (sheesh, tons of good food this weekend = eek for the scale tomorrow). Not that I care. I had an awesome food weekend. :)

Adam just asked me how I'm going to "do my therapy" if I can't talk. Good question.

I think it's apparent that I'm rambling now so off I go to watch the rest of this National Treasure whatever movie that Adam turned on. It's good. But the suspense is what I like more...or maybe the brain teaser part of it. Nerd. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment