Sunday, January 9, 2011

Game Night, Sitter-Swap, Great Weekend!

Last night, we all got to sleep through the night for the first time in several weeks (reference Flight of the Bunny post below). It was glorious. No getting up to plunk bunny back in Morgan's crib, no crying, no frustration. Just beautiful, blissful sleep. Fabulous. Let's try that again tonight...

Friday night we went to Keiblers' for a game night since my close (work) friend, Denise, and her husband are moving to Maryland in a few weeks for a fresh start, new jobs, and a few sad women to leave behind. We will miss her so much as she is truly a gem of a friend. We had lots of wine, laughter (the kind that makes me cry and almost pee my pants), and a desire for more sometime when Abbie and I take a mommy's (long) weekend out to visit. Oh yeah, Abbie, are you interested? :) D - can we come? ;-P Morgan did fabulously with sleeping there while we had all the fun.

Yesterday morning was relaxed until suddenly it was time to kick it into high gear. I ran to HyVee since there were some good deals and then off to fun we went. We had planned to swap "sitter time" with our good friends Nick & Melanie as they have a little boy named Carson who's 4 months old and cute as a button. She did wonderfully and only cried when she saw us pull in to pick her up. It was the saddest thing - she saw us pull in, smiled, started to look sad...and then started screaming and bawling!! I ran from the car to the door (which was locked, not a problem) and scooped her up as soon as it opened. I think she thought we might be leaving without her or something. Needless to say, her good behavior, longish nap, and happy demeanor really boosted my confidence in leaving her to be babysat with someone else as stated in my New Year's resolution. Sweet.

Later that night our friend, Carson, came over and is the sweetest little guy...get this - his fussiest moments lasted about oh...10 seconds. I'm not even kidding you. The child was easily soothed just by being held (what?! no bouncing until I thought I might die?! no endless wailing from either of us!? This HAS to be a taste of what our next kid will be like, right?) :) Either way, it was a joy to have him over and I have a feeling we will be doing more sitter swapping in the very near future.

Today was great too (I heart this weekend please don't end). Morgan slept in (bonus to STTN) until about 7:25am which meant it was off to the races to make it to church (8:15) on time. Which we totally did. Score. Since we are the best parents EVER we didn't feed her breakfast on purpose and brought her a waffle and banana to eat during the service under the premonition that she would be occupied for a longer time during the service...and it totally worked. However, she ate the entire waffle and the entire banana, huge sippy of milk...I can't wait to take her to her next appt in a few weeks. She's going to be huge. I officially took all remaining 12 month clothes out of her dresser today and she's in 18 months for sure. And they fit. And I've forbidden myself from buying her anything else 18 months since she's got more clothes than we do combined. I am, however, VERY excited b/c I think in a few short weeks she's going to be in her size 5 shoes. We tried them all on this afternoon and she was HILARIOUS with her squeakers (light pink with a brown piece across the top which ends in a bow - a.dor.a.ble) - she started walking and squeaking and looking all over the place to find out where this sound was coming from. By the time the realization hit her, I was rolling on the floor laughing and she was super excited. Adam? Not so much about the squeaking. I don't care. They are cute. :)

We have a short week this week as Adam and I took off Thursday afternoon and Friday so that we could go home to WI for a family matter. It's not something I'd like to publicize at the moment, but any prayers you want to randomly send in the direction of northeast WI would be appreciated. Thank you. Sincerely.

I'm also very eager for this week as I'm pretty sure I've left most, if not all, of my negativity and bad attitude behind in last week. Here's to hoping as I know I still have a Friday fire to put out and hopefully before we leave for WI. What a great weekend. Perhaps we could do another Sunday again tomorrow? I swear I'll go back to work on Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment