Sunday, January 23, 2011

That's not really what I meant...

I find it odd that my last post was a loving mother whining that her beautiful daughter is so constantly on the move that she rarely cuddles for more than 30 seconds at a time ... and we just spent a large part of the weekend doing just that. Morgan was (and sort of still is) sick. She woke up Saturday morning with a low/moderate fever so we gave her some Tylenol and didn't think much of it. However, she progressively yo-yo'd her temp all day and when she woke up soaked (sweaty) from her nap with a 102.5 degree temp, we decided to call off our date night and stay home with her. We left Mary a message...called her later...and since Mary's so amazing and Morgan was feeling a bit better, we went anyway. :-) Not worst parents ever - leaving Morgan with Mary is just as good as leaving her with a grandparent in terms of knowing her stuff. ;)

That said, we had cuddled much that day which was a bitter sweet happening for me (us). Bitter b/c no one wants her baby sick yet sweet b/c I had my baby cuddling with me at the slightest suggestion to do so. So off we went on our date night which consisted of an amazing dinner at Biaggi's (omg so yummy as were leftovers tonight) a few errands, and then decided to go home and watch a movie rather than see one at the cinema (they were either not good or too late). We picked Morgan up about 45 minutes after she'd gone to bed and she again was a sweaty mess. Mary thought it was her fever breaking so we went home all excited and watched a movie. Adam said we were up several times but all I remember is around 1:30am I got up and was going to give her more Motrin but she'd stopped crying by the time I got to the stairs. BED for this mama. At 5:30am Adam went up to see her (more crying) and she was HOT and sweaty and I thought the thermometer for sure was going to read in the 103s...but it didn't. She still had a fever and needed more Motrin, but poor baby. This high fever bought led to lots of cuddling/snuggling/snoozing in the glider before heading back to bed. She was still up at 7am but at least she was feeling better. We kept up with Motrin/Tylenol back and forth all day but again she woke up soaked from her nap which was of course, too short.

She's on the mend though and I think we're on the right track. She ate a very small breakfast and almost no lunch for Morgan standards but managed to eat some snacks during the Packer game and an entire kids' ravioli so I think she's feeling a bit better.

I can't say that I've not thoroughly enjoyed all the snuggling and cuddling we got to do all weekend. I'm sad it was caused by a fever (thankfully and surprisingly no other signs/symptoms) but still enjoyed it. I just had to go up and get her back to sleep b/c she'd woken up and you guessed it - covered in sweat. I am positively sure she had no fever...but the poor kid's sweating like crazy! I know she'd staying hydrated b/c her pee is almost clear in the potty chair. We shall see what tomorrow brings, I guess.

Tomorrow is another interesting day for the Schmidt family. Adam is having an endoscopy done b/c he's had pretty regular heartburn for some time now (and I think we're talking months and months if not longer) and after a trip to his regular doctor, she quickly referred him for endoscopy to make sure that the damage (if there is any) isn't too extensive and monitored. The doctor also gave him a Rx which is really helping and keeping him almost HB free. I have to take him b/c (he's lucky in my mind) they are putting him completely out for it. I'm sort of hoping I can watch the TV while it's happening (I don't want to see them put it in him mouth, however; that's too real) b/c I'm of course fascinated by these things given my professional background. Hopefully things go smoothly, they find little to no damage, he takes his Rx regularly and we're on our way to normal again. (prayers wouldn't hurt though and we'll take them please)

Today we invited a few friends over (no major party or anything) to watch the game. One brave family tested the Morgan fever household and we had a great time. Morgan got to play with three other little girls who had a great time with her and all her toys. Can't wait to do it again Superbowl Sunday since they're having the game at their house.

And that's that, I guess. We're tired since we've had several nights in a row with many trips up the stairs to the poor sad sick baby, so it will hopefully be an early night especially since we have to get up earlier than usual tomorrow. And just like that, it's almost February. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment