Thursday, January 27, 2011

L.O.V.E.

So somewhere between the dry/erase crayons, babies being fed and crying, going in/out of the princess tunnel, reading 15 books only half-way through b/c none of them were Brown Bear Brown Bear, I realized (yet again) with an almost bursting sensation that I love Morgan more than anything in the whole world (don't worry - Adam's right next to her).

This happens to me every once in a while but especially after she's had a big spurt of growth or genius or something awesome. I was sort of taking a step back and just watching her flit about the play room from one toy/activity to another, putting her babies to bed, patting them on the back when they cry, feeding them and making little mouth noises while they were "eating" ... and it hit me like a ton of bricks that she's the most amazing thing I've had a chance to watch grow from nothing. Next to? Watching our relationship go from friends, to best friends, to dating (for.eh.ver.), to engaged, to married. To married with dogs (easy). To married with kid (extremely taxing yet awesomely rewarding). So watch me get all mushy and lovey and think my kid and husband are the B to the O to the M to the B. It's cool. I know you all in my position anywhere, kid(s) or spouse or whatever, have felt this way or you are a dead cold rock. :) Or something.

And just like that I ran out. Wait, there IS something. Yesterday I went to a meeting about how the AEA I work for is going to do their RIF (reduction in force) starting the next contract year (July 1). I am pretty sure I'm safe, but unfortunately part of the RIF will be determined by seniority and in my opinion (strong...opinion) I'd love to see them take a good long hard look at job performance (keep in mind I do not feel like Super SLP by any means). For fear of this part of my post getting in the wrong hands, let's just say that there are some people in this agency who are doing more harm then good (hello, who is normal/FT and gets to come in at 10am and leave at 3? That's a 5 hour day WITH a lunch hello). 'Nuff said. The end. Or so we hope. There may be a solution but we're just going to wait and see. More later.

I'm tired. I was exhausted by 8:23pm after I'd cleaned two bathrooms, put meat in the freezer from the "outdoor freezer" (thank you garage), cleaned up (rats, just realized I didn't do sippy cups)...so I will eat my grapefruit and crawl into bed after seeing this new show I found about three couples? Anyone? A name? Ah, thank you DVR - it's called Perfect Couples. Hopefully it's my next Friends show. Who am I kidding, there will never be another, right Steph and D? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment