Monday, January 24, 2011

The day of the Doctor

I spent a good portion of my day in the doctor's office today for almost all of my family. Thankfully all puppies were healthy and they didn't need to go to the "doctor." :)

Adam's endoscopy went very well this morning. Long story short he has an inflamed esophagus and it is already improving with the meds that they started him on last week. The doc took several biopsies and we'll have those results next week. It didn't sound like the doctor was too worried since it's only been going on for months and not years and years. I had tons of questions afterward on our way home since I was more focused on Adam immediately after the procedure. We were both pretty scared in our own right due to self-research (not always advised) and past experience of others but thankfully they were unfounded at this time. Yet another hurdle cleared and extra thankful prayers said (and a great big thanks for all prayers sent our way).

Then we came home and Adam rested. I went to pick Morgan up from Mary's around 11am and she had taken a 2hr nap which made me think awesome, there goes my afternoon nap with her since long morning naps usually = short afternoon naps. Not the case! Almost another 2hr nap and a 1hr nap for me. Perfect. At 1pm we went to the doctor, though, before her nap to make sure that what she's got going on is viral and not bacterial (requiring antibiotics). We were right (you're welcome Trinity for the $25 and thank you for the peace of mind) and were instructed to keep her on a routine of Tylenol/Motrin for the next day and a half. Since she's going in for her 15 month well-check on Wed morning, we should be good to go. She hasn't had a fever since 11:30am this morning so the meds are helping and she's feeling much better. She finally ate an almost normal dinner tonight which always makes me feel tons better. Still working on getting more liquids in her today but she's been doing well there prior to today so I'm not worried about dehydration or anything. Ok, family. That's enough sickness/doctors for a month or more. ;-)

Ah, back to the grind tomorrow. I have two IEP meetings and am prayingprayingpraying that Morgan does not wake up with a fever in the morning or she can't go to daycare (duh). She woke up with a 101.5 temp this morning and Mary was amazing (as usual) and took her for the morning so we could take care of Adam. It's times like this that I really wish we lived closer to our family. How nice it would have been to call up a grandma and see if she'd be willing to cuddle all morning with a feverish baby? Everyone else we know in town that might potentially be able to watch her have babies at home (teeny ones) and it would be completely unfair and not right to ask them to take her while she's sick. I wouldn't want to do that if I were them so that's why we're so lucky to have Mary. Thankfully Mary makes an excellent back up to grandmas and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.

Adam travels to Vancouver this week from T-F. I feel like he hasn't traveled in forever when in reality it's only been about 5 weeks. Thankfully it's a 4 day travel week and he'll be back before we know it. We just heart him.

No comments:

Post a Comment